Showing Collections: 21 - 35 of 35
The Office and Professional Employees International Union was formed in 1965 from the Office Employees International Union (1945-1965). Local 21's (Atlanta, Ga.) membership is comprised mainly of clerical workers employed in the offices of trade unions. The records of Local 21, 1958-1979, consist of correspondence, financial records, minutes, grievances, organizing files, contracts, pamphlets, and periodicals.
The Office and Professional Employees International Union was formed in 1945 as the Office Employees International Union. The membership of OPEIU Local 455, located in Savannah, Georgia, is comprised of clerical workers and technicians who were employed by Savannah Electric and Power Company. The records of Local 455 (1976-2004) consist of correspondence, financial records, minutes, grievances, and monthly reports.
The records of the Service Employees International Union, Local 579, consists of materials related to the local's attempt to establish a bargaining unit at the St. Francis Xavier Hospital in Charleston, SC.
The records, 1950-1972, of the South Carolina Labor Council, AFL-CIO, consist mainly of correspondence.
This collection consists of union documentation regarding the foundation and management of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union Local 185 and its relationship with the Crown Cotton Mill, both of Dalton, Georgia. The collection concerns the operation and management ACTWUA Local 185 from its establishment in the 1940s through the 1960s.
Tom Ducy served as General Secretary-Treasurer of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), 1987-1993. Collection includes an IAM constitution, 1913; and minutes of IAM Lodge 47, also know as the Pioneer Lodge (Commerce City, Colo.),1889-1891; and a jurisdictional agreement that was part of a collective bargaining agreement with the Curtiss-Wright Corporation Airplane Division, St. Louis Plant, 1942.
The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Alcoa, Tennessee was incorporated in 1919 as a company town for the Aluminum Company of America. Workers there first organized an independent union in 1933. The United Steelworkers of America, Local 309 (Alcoa, Tenn.) collection, 1971-1983, consists of printed material recounting the history of Alcoa, Tennessee, its aluminum industry, and African American workers in the town.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America from 1936-1995. This collection contains documentation about the local unions in the UTWA, both in the United States and Canada. Information on mergers, strikes, finances and conventions is included in these papers. These records were from the UTWA, Southern Region.
The collection consists of the records of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region, Area A from 1956-1975. Correspondence (1957-1972) comprises the bulk of the collection. The company files (1957-1967) contain NLRB case material, minutes of negotiation meetings, contract proposals, and financial statements. The collection also includes activity reports, printed material, financial documents, and photographs.
The Records, 1945-1975, of United Textile Workers Union, Southern Region, Area B, consist of correspondence, minutes, legal and financial documents, and printed materials.
United Truck Drivers, Helpers, and Warehousemen, Local Industrial Union 936 of the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO), was organized in Roanoke, Virginia in 1939. The records consist of a carbon copy of the Article of Agreement between Local 936 and Red Line Trucking and a scrapbook.