Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America from 1918-1968. These records describe the business activities of Local 442 including the Meat Cutter's strikes of 1939 over agreements and of 1945 for a new contract to give union members a holiday on New Year's Day. A meat shortage of the mid-1940s resulted in a drop on the number of new members, loss and unemployment of old members, and dwindling money reserves....
Dates: 1918-1968; 1987
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: The records of the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Local 193, 1905-1972 contain four minute books (1905-1911, 1927-1932, 1937-1940, and 1952-1957) that describe primarily routine internal union business, especially finances, meetings, and legal affairs.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) records
Abstract: IAMAW Local Lodge 37 was chartered on July 11, 1899, and dissolved in the late 1980s. Its records relate to the day-to-day activities of a major New Orleans union and its relationship to the International headquarters, and include constitutions, bylaws, minutes, correspondence, agreement reports, financial records, membership cards and artifacts.
Dates: 1906-1987; Majority of material found within 1955 - 1980
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 2 is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Its records consist of correspondence between employers and the local, administrative files and various records, financial records and statements, artifacts, speeches and speech materials, newspaper clippings, strike information, and various subject files.
Abstract: International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 89 existed in Cheyenne, Wyoming during the late 19th and into the twentieth century. The records includes minutes, financial records, correspondence, rolls and dues lists, administrative records of the Ladies Auxiliary, railroad maintenance booklets, and other general administrative records and items.
Dates: 1892-1972; Majority of material found within 1919 - 1940
International Association of Machinists, Local Lodge 104 and Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W.Va.) records
Abstract: International Association of Machinists, Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 were both in Huntington, WV. The records, 1915-1953, of Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 consist of membership rolls and financial ledgers.
Abstract: The collection consists of ledger books (including minutes, cash books, membership rolls and dues) that document the business activity of the Machinists' Local Lodge 846 for the years 1913-1956.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
Abstract Records of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 2261 (Ft. Myers, Fla.), 1925-1978, consist of financial documents, minutes, journeyman carpenter examinations, correspondence, and miscellaneous printed material. Local 2261 absorbed Local 2895, of nearby Punta Gorda, Florida, in 1967.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Machinists -- Labor unions 5
- correspondence 5
- membership lists 5
- minutes (administrative records) 5
- Strikes and lockouts 3
- reports 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 1
- Cheyenne (Wyo.) 1
- Fort Myers (Fla.) 1
- Georgia 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Huntington (W. Va.) 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Machinists 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- New Orleans (La.) 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Paperhangers 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Southern States 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- artifacts (object genre) 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- ledgers (account books) 1
- office files 1
- photographs 1
- publications 1
- strikes (events) 1 ∧ less
- International Association of Machinists 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Can Company 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 193 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Engraved Steel Plate Finisher's Association 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 2 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 89 (Cheyenne, Wyo.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 104 & Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W. Va.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 846 (Washington, D.C.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- National Gypsum Company 1
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 2261 (Fort Meyers, Fla.) 1 ∧ less