Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The Asheville Labor Temple was founded in 1924. Its Records, 1920-1931, 1949-1970, are composed of correspondence, financial statements, minutes, and printed items. The records include some minutes and financial documents of the Asheville Central Labor Union.
The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
The Atlanta Labor Temple Association was founded in 1910 by a group of unions and individuals to provide office and meeting space for Atlanta's labor community. Records include extensive minutes (1910-1963), statements and other financial records, material (1916) from a cornerstone of the Labor Temple, and a historical collection (1896-1947).
In 1958, the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council merged to form the AFL-CIO, Birmingham (Alabama) Labor Council. Records, 1954-1965, include minutes of the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council, 1955-1958, and of the Birmingham Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 1964-1965, and correspondence, financial documents, printed material, and photographs.
The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO, Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) from 1953-1983. The records are comprised mainly of minutes (1957-1983) documenting the Council's activities, correspondence (1970-1971), and printed materials.
Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council records consist of correspondence, legal files, financial records, contractor files, and minutes. Most of the materials date from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.
Records concern both Savannah's AFL Council in its opposition to local organizing activity of the CIO, and the subsequent AFL-CIO Council's concern for promoting labor's goals in the city.
The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO, 1947-1976, consist primarily of minutes, directories, memoranda, contracts, correspondence and lists of both affiliated and non-affiliated local unions in Virginia.
The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.