Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Francis (Frank) Quigley Vogtner was an Eastern Air Lines pilot from 1956 to 1989. The collection contains airline timetables, in-flight materials and company newspapers.
Frank Borman is well known as the commander of the first lunar orbit mission, Apollo 8, and as the Chief Executive Officer of Eastern Airlines from 1975-1986. The Frank Borman Papers, circa 1968-1989, contain office files and correspondence once held in the Office of the President at Eastern Airline's headquarters in Miami, Florida.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 143 represented airline workers in the Great Lakes region of North America, specifically with Northwest Airlines. The records (1946-2009) consist of bylaws, benefits and retirement information, conventions proceedings, contracts, apprenticeship materials, publications seniority lists, committee materials, financial records, artifacts, photographs, audiovisual materials, and various types of correspondence.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 143 represented the union employees that worked for Northwest Airlines, predominantly in the Great Lakes Region of the United States. The IAMAW District Lodge 143 records (1950s-2010) consist of grievance and arbitration files, contract negotiation materials, bankruptcy proceedings, and documents regarding the merger with Delta Airlines.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 702 (Hialeah, Fla.) records
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 702 (Hialeah, Fla.) records contain onee book, "The History of Local Lodge 702," by Sam S. McGee, 1985, and one Eastern Air Lines commemorative paperweight, 1978. The local represented Eastern Air Lines workers.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) records
Members of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) worked in the airline industry. The records of the local are comprised of ledger books, bylaws, contract agreements, and some reference materials, 1941-2002.
The James R. (Jim) Ashlock Collection, 1938-1991, undated, consists of newsclippings, correspondence, annual reports, briefing notes, memoranda, and audiovisual materials. This collection provides broad insight into day-to-day operations, internal communication, history, and media relations at Eastern Airlines, Inc.
The collections contains correspondence, strike updates, newsletters, newsclippings, flyers, legislative documents, briefings, a research survey, audiocassettes and videocassette pertaining to the Air Line Pilots Association strike against Eastern Air Lines, 1989-1991.
John "Buddy" Sugg worked as a union machinist at Eastern Air Lines in the 1980s and was a member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW). The John Sugg collection consists of video cassette tapes (VHS) on Eastern Air Lines, employee services, and broadcasts on pertinent topics for workers of the time.
Rob Dandrade Eastern Air Lines postcard collection consists of six postcards, circa 1946-circa 1956, depicting the Eastern Air Lines route map and three aircraft in Eastern liveries, plus two postcards from Colonial Airlines, a regional rival that Eastern acquired in 1956.
Captain Robert G. Fuhrman was a pilot for Eastern Air Lines (1973-1989). The Robert Fuhrman Collection of Eastern Air Lines Material, 2017, consists of research and reference material related to the 1985 crash of Eastern Airlines flight 980 and correspondence and documents (1985-2012) documenting Fuhrman's views on management and maintenance problems at Eastern Airlines.
The Robert Haynes International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Collection, 1970-1996, consists of legal documents, pamphlets, periodicals, training materials, and benefits plans. Robert Haynes was a labor leader within both the IAMAW, Local Lodge 1650 and IAMAW and Air Transport District Lodge 142 with managed the workers for TWA airlines.
The Rowena Bailey Collection of Eastern Airlines materials, 1984-1991, consists of human resources, marketing, and training materials, phone directories, artifacts, and a small amount of correspondence.
- Subject: Airlines X
- Airlines -- Employees -- Labor unions 10
- Airlines 9
- Machinists -- Labor unions 5
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 4
- Strikes and lockouts -- Airlines 4
- Airlines -- Public relations 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Bankruptcy 3
- Miami (Fla.) 3
- correspondence 3
- Air pilots 2
- Air travel 2
- Airlines--Employees 2
- Grievance arbitration 2
- Industrial relations 2
- Minneapolis (Minn.) 2
- newsletters 2
- Aerospace industries -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Aircraft accidents 1
- Aircraft industry 1
- Aviation mechanics (Persons) 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Congresses and conventions 1
- Flight attendants 1
- Flight attendants -- Labor unions 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union members 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Machinists 1
- Missouri 1
- Transport workers -- Labor unions 1
- Women in the labor movement 1
- Women journalists 1
- bylaws (administrative records) 1
- charters 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- contracts 1
- financial records 1
- ledgers (account books) 1
- magazines (periodicals) 1
- medallions (medals) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- periodicals 1
- photographic prints 1
- printouts 1
- reports 1
- slides (photographs) 1
- videotapes 1 ∧ less
- Eastern Air Lines 11
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 4
- Air Line Pilots Association 3
- Borman, Frank, 1928 March 14- 3
- Lorenzo, Frank 3
- Trans World Airlines 3
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 143 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- Northwest Airlines Corporation 2
- Northwest Airlines, inc. 2
- Texas Air Corporation 2
- Ashlock, James R. 1
- Association of Flight Attendants (U.S.) 1
- Carter, Jimmy 1
- Chaknis, John 1
- Eastern Air Lines. Southern Region Public Relations Office 1
- Eastern Air Transport 1
- Fuhrman, Robert G. 1
- Hamilton, Martha McNeil 1
- Haynes, Robert (Labor union member) 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- Office and Professional Employees International Union. Local 320 (Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Sugg, John 1
- Transport Workers Union of America 1
- Trump Shuttle, Inc. 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1
- Vogtner, Francis Q. (Francis Quigley), 1922-2010 1
- William B. Hartsfield-Atlanta International Airport 1
- Williams, Arden 1
- Wills, Carolyn Lee 1 ∧ less