International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) records
Scope and Content of the Records
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) records are comprised of ledger books, bylaws, contract agreements, and some reference materials, 1941-2002, organized into three series.
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Collection is open for research use. Access to membership records is restricted for 75 years from the date of creation.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Georgia State University is the owner of the physical collection and makes reproductions available for research, subject to the copyright law of the United States and item condition. Georgia State University may or may not own the rights to materials in the collection. It is the researcher's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and obtain permission from the copyright holder before publication, reproduction, or display of the materials beyond what is reasonable under copyright law. Researchers may quote selections from the collection under the fair use provision of copyright law.
The United Machinists and Mechanical Engineers of America was founded in 1888 in Atlanta, Georgia. Within a year of rapid growth and unions forming throughout the country, the name was changed to National Association of Machinists. Two years later after unions were formed in Canada and Mexico, it became the International Association of Machinists. In 1965 with the advent of the space race, the name was further changed to the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
IAMAW Local Lodge 1650 was chartered on May 5, 1945 in Kansas City, Missouri. Its members worked in the airline industry.
9.8 Linear Feet (in 19 boxes)
Language of Materials
Members of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) worked in the airline industry. The records of the local are comprised of ledger books, bylaws, contract agreements, and some reference materials, 1941-2002.
The records are arranged into three series:
- Series I: Charter, Bylaws and Ledger Books, 1945-2002
- Series II: Contracts and Agreements, 1941-2000
- Series III: Reference Material, 1973-2001
Donated by Robert Haynes, June 30, 2008.
Processed by Hilary Morrish at the file level, July 2008.
- Airlines -- Employees -- Labor unions
- Aviation mechanics (Persons)
- Kansas City (Mo.)
- Machinists -- Labor unions
- Office and Professional Employees International Union. Local 320 (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Trans World Airlines
- bylaws (administrative records)
- ledgers (account books)
- minutes (administrative records)
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Missouri):
- A Guide to Its Records at Georgia State University Library
- Georgia State University Library
- July 12, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
100 Decatur St., S.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303