Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Abstract: The Records, 1917-1921, 1948-1975 of the Asheville North Carolina Central Labor Union bulk in the late 1950's- early 1970's. The material dated 1917-1921 consists of photocopies of a small amount of correspondence and printed material. The records include correspondence, financial documents and incomplete minutes. The bulk of the collection consists of form letters, circulars, and printed material illustrating the role of the Central Labor Union as a clearing house of AFL-CIO information for...
Dates: 1917-1921, 1948-1975
Abstract: The Asheville Labor Temple was founded in 1924. Its Records, 1920-1931, 1949-1970, are composed of correspondence, financial statements, minutes, and printed items. The records include some minutes and financial documents of the Asheville Central Labor Union.
Dates: 1920-1931, 1949-1970
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Temple Association was founded in 1910 by a group of unions and individuals to provide office and meeting space for Atlanta's labor community. Records include extensive minutes (1910-1963), statements and other financial records, material (1916) from a cornerstone of the Labor Temple, and a historical collection (1896-1947).
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Augusta Federation of Trade (AFT) from 1958-1974 and its predecessor, the Augusta Central Labor Union (ACLU), from 1943-1957. Includes minutes of the ACLU (1943-1957) outlining concerns of the organization, efforts to protect a local labor newspaper from advertising encroachment, and support for the Augusta bus drivers strike (1953-1955). Also contains minutes of the AFT (1965-1969), correspondence (1965-1974), financial documents (1963-1974), and...
Abstract: In 1958, the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council merged to form the AFL-CIO, Birmingham (Alabama) Labor Council. Records, 1954-1965, include minutes of the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council, 1955-1958, and of the Birmingham Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 1964-1965, and correspondence, financial documents, printed material, and photographs.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO, Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) from 1953-1983. The records are comprised mainly of minutes (1957-1983) documenting the Council's activities, correspondence (1970-1971), and printed materials.
Abstract: Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
Abstract: The Florida State Council of Carpenters was established in 1926. Its records, 1952-1978, include material relating to organizing efforts at thirty-five companies located throughout Florida (1960-1973); contract negotiation files (1958-1974); correspondence (1952-1974); records relating to apprentice training (1963-1978); financial records (1956-1974); files of state organizer, Warren P. Connary (1957-1974); and minutes (1952-1974). The records especially highlight the activities of three...
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract: James William Giles, labor leader, served as an official of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 84 and as Secretary, Georgia State AFL-CIO. The collection consists of papers of J.W. Giles from 1920-1978. Includes correspondence, financial statements, legal documents, minutes, motion pictures, and printed materials. The bulk of the records relate to Giles' work with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84 (1920-1972) and the Georgia State AFL-CIO...
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council records consist of correspondence, legal files, financial records, contractor files, and minutes. Most of the materials date from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.
Abstract: Records concern both Savannah's AFL Council in its opposition to local organizing activity of the CIO, and the subsequent AFL-CIO Council's concern for promoting labor's goals in the city.
Abstract: The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO, 1947-1976, consist primarily of minutes, directories, memoranda, contracts, correspondence and lists of both affiliated and non-affiliated local unions in Virginia.
Abstract: The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
Dates: 1956, 1963-1984
- Industrial relations 8
- Labor unions -- Organizing 6
- financial records 5
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Labor unions 4
- Georgia 3
- Labor leaders 3
- Asheville (N.C.) 2
- Building trades -- Employees -- Labor unions 2
- Florida 2
- Labor union locals 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Tallahassee (Fla.) 2
- Virginia 2
- photographs 2
- Apprentices 1
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Building trades 1
- Building trades -- Employees 1
- Bus drivers 1
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 1
- Correspondence 1
- Decatur (Ala.) 1
- Electric industry workers 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Electricians 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- Labor unions and mass media 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Miami (Fla.) 1
- Municipal officials and employees 1
- Municipal officials and employees -- Labor unions 1
- Orlando (Fla.) 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- correspondence 1
- membership lists 1
- motion pictures (visual work) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 2
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 2
- Georgia Federation of Labor 2
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 2
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 2
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 2
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Augusta Federation of Trades. (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Birmingham Labor Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Asheville Labor Temple (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Atlanta Building Trades Council 1
- Atlanta Federal Labor Union 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Atlanta Labor Temple 1
- Augusta Central Labor Union (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Birmingham Federation of Labor (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Birmingham Industrial Union Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 4 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Florida AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia Electrical Workers Association 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Giles, J. W. (James William), 1925- 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Stepp, Raymond 1
- Trades and Labor Assembly (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Florida State Council 1
- United States. Occupational Safety and Health Administration 1 ∧ less