Woodworkers -- Labor unions
Subject Source: Fast
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract: The Florida State Council of Carpenters was established in 1926. Its records, 1952-1978, include material relating to organizing efforts at thirty-five companies located throughout Florida (1960-1973); contract negotiation files (1958-1974); correspondence (1952-1974); records relating to apprentice training (1963-1978); financial records (1956-1974); files of state organizer, Warren P. Connary (1957-1974); and minutes (1952-1974). The records especially highlight the activities of three...
Abstract: The International Woodworkers of America existed from 1937 until merging into the International Association of Machinists in 1994. The collection consists of 266 agreements, 1938-1970.
Abstract The International Woodworkers of America, Southern Region headquarters was located in Atlanta, Georgia, until 1958, when it was relocated to Memphis, Tennessee. The collection consists of correspondence, financial and legal documents, weekly work reports, minutes, notes and proposals of contract negotiations, photographs and printed materials. There are also materials related to Local 5-51 of Louisville, Kentucky.
Abstract: The records of the International Woodworkers of America, Local 5-51, 1951-1968, consists of minutes of membership, Executive Board and Grievance committee meetings along with information on contract negotiations, arbitration and the 1953 organizing drive at the General Electric plant in Louisville.
Abstract: International Woodworkers of America, Southern States Region, served as an administrative hub for all the Woodworkers locals throughout the Southeastern United States. The collection consists of correspondence, financial and legal documents, weekly work reports, minutes, notes and proposals of contract negotiations, correspondence, and administration files representing numerous IWA branches and locals.
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Abstract: Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
Abstract: The Records, 1934-1959, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) concern the meetings, elections, salary increase requests, and violation charges against members, as well as the proposed affiliation of Local 384 with the North Carolina State AFL-CIO.
Abstract: The records, 1901-1968, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 396, Newport News, Virginia, consist of financial ledgers and minute books. The records include those of Local 887, Hampton, and a minute book from the Peninsular District of Virginia.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 1275 (Tampa, Fla.) of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America from 1941-1978. The correspondence (1957-1978), minutes (1960-1978), and financial documents (1941-1978) pertain to other organizations besides Local 1275. These organizations include the Gulf Coast District Council of Carpenters, the Florida West Coast Carpenters' Joint Apprenticeship Trust Fund, the Pinellas County Building Trades Council, the Florida Building Trades...
Abstract Records of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 2261 (Ft. Myers, Fla.), 1925-1978, consist of financial documents, minutes, journeyman carpenter examinations, correspondence, and miscellaneous printed material. Local 2261 absorbed Local 2895, of nearby Punta Gorda, Florida, in 1967.