Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District Lodge 96 (Savannah, Ga.) records
Abstract International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District Lodge 96 (Savannah, Ga.) records consist of company and office files. Included in both types of files are information on organizing union/NLRB elections, grievances, arbitration, negotiations, correspondence (between the district lodge, the companies and the IAMAW headquarters), and agreements. The office files also include some research information on the Savannah shipyards where some of the members worked. The collection...
Dates: 1940-1984; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1979
Abstract: Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.), work in the construction industry. The records of the local are comprised of bylaws, correspondence, contract agreements, and documentation of the apprenticeship program, 1944-1984.
Abstract: The records of International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) consist of office files, ledgers, publications, and some separated material. The collection includes dues and minute books from "colored" Local 1463 which joined Local 30 in the 1960s.
Abstract: Louie Matthew Nunn was a member of the Carpenter's Local Union No. 256 (Savannah, Georgia) and served as the local's business manager for 31 years. His papers include correspondence, invitations and programs, newspaper clippings, and speeches, 1956-1957.
Abstract: The Office and Professional Employees International Union was formed in 1945 as the Office Employees International Union. The membership of OPEIU Local 455, located in Savannah, Georgia, is comprised of clerical workers and technicians who were employed by Savannah Electric and Power Company. The records of Local 455 (1976-2004) consist of correspondence, financial records, minutes, grievances, and monthly reports.
Abstract: The collection contains newspaper clippings and one photograph.
Abstract: Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
- correspondence 3
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Building trades 1
- Clerks -- Labor unions 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Electric industries 1
- Electric industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Electricians -- Labor unions 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Politicians 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Professional employees 1
- Professional employees -- Labor unions 1
- Typographers 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- arbitration 1
- black-and-white photographs 1
- contracts 1
- ledgers (account books) 1
- periodicals 1
- photographic prints 1 ∧ less
- Nunn, Louis M. 2
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 96 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 183 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- Office Employees International Union. Local 455 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- Office and Professional Employees International Union. Local 455 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- Savannah River Plant (E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Company) 1 ∧ less