Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract: The Benjamin Franklin Haley collection, 1964-1967, contains weekly reports of Haley's work as an organizer of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Southern States Organizing Office. These reports describe metropolitan Atlanta's construction activity in terms of union employment and growth.
Abstract: The James A. Parker papers, 1948, 1975 contain a news clipping regarding the dedication of a union hall in Hampton, SC, named for Mr. Parker and the 1948 year book of the South Carolina Federation of Labor as well as a copy of the membership application to Local 1992.
Dates: 1948, 1975
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains one-hundred thirty-two collections dated 1919-1988.
Abstract: The records of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners, Local 627 (Jacksonville, Fla.), 1937-1971, include correspondence, newsclippings, and printed material pertaining to Local 627's relations with the Florida State AFL-CIO, its predecessor the Florida State Federated Council AFL-CIO, the Florida State Building and Construction Trades Council, and the Jacksonville Metal Trades Council.
Abstract: The United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 1977 (Rome, Georgia) collection, 1921, 1968-1969, includes correspondence, insurance documents, a member passbook, and an AFL-CIO license plate.
Dates: 1921, 1967-1968
Abstract: The Wood, Wire and Metal Lathers' International Union was founded in 1899. Local 234 was located in Atlanta, Georgia. This collection includes Lathers' Craft Problems and Reference Book, lathers' apprentice training and instruction manual, Local 234 apprentice school journal (December 1964-October 1974), and worksite photographs (March 1975).
Dates: 1964-1975, undated
- Labor union locals 4
- Apprentices 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Carpenters 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Decatur (Ga.) 1
- Florida 1
- Hampton (S.C.) 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union members 1
- Labor unions and education 1
- Lawrenceville (Ga.) 1
- Macon (Ga.) 1
- Rome (Ga.) 1
- Roswell (Ga.) 1
- Southern States 1
- Tampa (Fla.) 1
- Woodworkers 1
- contracts 1
- photographs 1
- training manuals 1 ∧ less
- Florida State AFL-CIO 1
- Florida State Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Haley, Benjamin Franklin 1
- Jacksonville Metal Trades Council (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Parker, James A. (labor leader) 1
- South Carolina Building and Construction Trades Association 1
- South Carolina State Federation of Labor 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1977 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 627 (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union. Local 234 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less