Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
The Benjamin Franklin Haley collection, 1964-1967, contains weekly reports of Haley's work as an organizer of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Southern States Organizing Office. These reports describe metropolitan Atlanta's construction activity in terms of union employment and growth.
The Chattanooga Building Trades Council is a subsidiary of the AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department. The records, 1901-1968, of the Chattanooga Building Trades Council are composed primarily of correspondence, limited financial records, and work agreements.
Jacobs and Langford, law firm of partners Joseph Jacobs and James T. Langford, in Atlanta, Georgia. The records consist of case files.
The James A. Parker papers, 1948, 1975 contain a news clipping regarding the dedication of a union hall in Hampton, SC, named for Mr. Parker and the 1948 year book of the South Carolina Federation of Labor as well as a copy of the membership application to Local 1992.
The Southeastern Building Trade Conference is an umbrella organization uniting building trade unions from the southeastern states: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. The Southeastern Building Trade Conference records include financial records, correspondence, minutes, and resolutions.
The collection contains one-hundred thirty-two collections dated 1919-1988.
The records, 1937-1983, of Carpenters Local 144 (Macon, Ga.) consists of correspondence, financial records, printed material, photographs, and audio cassette tapes.
Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
The records, 1901-1968, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 396, Newport News, Virginia, consist of financial ledgers and minute books. The records include those of Local 887, Hampton, and a minute book from the Peninsular District of Virginia.
United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 531 was chartered in 1900, the first trade union organized in the city of St. Petersburg, Florida. Its records, 1900-1977, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 531 (St. Petersburg, Florida), comprise mostly minutes and financial documents.
The records of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners, Local 627 (Jacksonville, Fla.), 1937-1971, include correspondence, newsclippings, and printed material pertaining to Local 627's relations with the Florida State AFL-CIO, its predecessor the Florida State Federated Council AFL-CIO, the Florida State Building and Construction Trades Council, and the Jacksonville Metal Trades Council.
Records document the increase in union membership due to the huge shipbuilding industry in Tampa during World War II. Documentation includes minutes; financial ledgers and statements; apprenticeship training files; and printed items.
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 1977 (Rome, Georgia) collection, 1921, 1968-1969, includes correspondence, insurance documents, a member passbook, and an AFL-CIO license plate.
Records of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 2261 (Ft. Myers, Fla.), 1925-1978, consist of financial documents, minutes, journeyman carpenter examinations, correspondence, and miscellaneous printed material. Local 2261 absorbed Local 2895, of nearby Punta Gorda, Florida, in 1967.
The Wood, Wire and Metal Lathers' International Union was founded in 1899. Local 234 was located in Atlanta, Georgia. This collection includes Lathers' Craft Problems and Reference Book, lathers' apprentice training and instruction manual, Local 234 apprentice school journal (December 1964-October 1974), and worksite photographs (March 1975).