Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America from 1918-1968. These records describe the business activities of Local 442 including the Meat Cutter's strikes of 1939 over agreements and of 1945 for a new contract to give union members a holiday on New Year's Day. A meat shortage of the mid-1940s resulted in a drop on the number of new members, loss and unemployment of old members, and dwindling money reserves....
Dates: 1918-1968; 1987
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Temple Association was founded in 1910 by a group of unions and individuals to provide office and meeting space for Atlanta's labor community. Records include extensive minutes (1910-1963), statements and other financial records, material (1916) from a cornerstone of the Labor Temple, and a historical collection (1896-1947).
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: The records of the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Local 193, 1905-1972 contain four minute books (1905-1911, 1927-1932, 1937-1940, and 1952-1957) that describe primarily routine internal union business, especially finances, meetings, and legal affairs.
Abstract: Gay Spirit Visions organizes gatherings for gay men to explore their spirituality and identity in a safe, nurturing, and sacred environment. The records mostly detail the planning, financing, and recording of retreats, and include correspondence, financial records, flyers, invitations, programs, audiovisual materials, and photographs dating from 1978-2010.
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 2 is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Its records consist of correspondence between employers and the local, administrative files and various records, financial records and statements, artifacts, speeches and speech materials, newspaper clippings, strike information, and various subject files.
Abstract: The Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America, District Council 38, records include minutes, financial and legal documents, and correspondence that describe internal disciplinary actions and external jurisdictional disputes.
United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Abstract: The records of the United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.), 1952-1972, consist of correspondence dealing primarily with disputes with other unions over jurisdictional limits and with the entrance requirements, training, examination, restriction and certification of apprentices.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
- minutes (administrative records) 6
- Labor union locals 5
- correspondence 5
- membership lists 5
- Central labor councils 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 2
- Paperhangers 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Correspondence 1
- Gay activists 1
- Gay community 1
- Gay men 1
- Georgia 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Highlands (N.C.) 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Radical Faeries (New Age movement) 1
- Southern States 1
- Spiritual retreats 1
- audiovisual materials 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- photographs 1
- reports 1
- strikes (events) 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Abbott, Franklin 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Federal Labor Union 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Atlanta Labor Temple 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 4 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 193 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Gay Spirit Visions (Organization) 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- Harry, Hay 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 2 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Ramer, Andrew 1
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada. Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Wolfdancer, Raven, 1946-1993 1 ∧ less