Paper industry workers
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) was chartered in 1946. Its records, 1960s-1970s, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions, and other printed items. Ralph Meers, longtime president of the local, created some of the files.
Banning, Georgia, was a mill town located in Carroll County that thrived from the mid 1800s into the early 1900s. The collection includes a photograph, circa 1890, and excerpts from publications regarding the history and preservation of the site, 1980-1983, undated.
The records of Graphic Communications International Union, Local 527-S (Atlanta, Georgia) document negotiations, contracts and agreements, proposals, settlements, grievances, and arbitrations, 1970s-2000s. The records represent activities throughout the southeast and relations with assorted businesses and government organizations.
The collection consists of 12 agreements, 1957-1969, between various local unions of the International Brotherhood of Pulp, Sulphite, and Paper Mill Workers and manufacturers.
The collection consists of 11 agreements, 1958-1972, between various local unions of the United Papermakers and Paperworkers and manufacturers.
The United Paperworkers International Union (UPIU) was created in 1972 by a merger of the United Papermakers and Paperworkers and the International Brotherhood of Pulp, Sulphite, and Paper Mill Workers. Its records contain correspondence (1967), minutes (1906-1907), printed material (1908, 1973-1984), and a literary manuscript, as well as periodicals, proceedings, and pamphlets.