Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Labor Songbooks collection is an artificial collection of printed songbooks containing labor songs (1937-1988). Materials are usually received by Special Collections along with donated manuscript collections.
In 1934, Southern textile workers took the lead in a nationwide strike that saw half a million workers walk off their jobs in the largest single-industry strike in the history of the United States. This finding aid describes the digitized oral history-style interviews available in Georiga State University Library's Digital Collections.
- Subject: Working class -- Songs and music X
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Recognition 1
- Race relations 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- AFL-CIO 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) 1
- Helfand, Judith 1