Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: Frank Borman is well known as the commander of the first lunar orbit mission, Apollo 8, and as the Chief Executive Officer of Eastern Airlines from 1975-1986. The Frank Borman Papers, circa 1968-1989, contain office files and correspondence once held in the Office of the President at Eastern Airline's headquarters in Miami, Florida.
Dates: 1961-1989; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1986
Abstract: The collections contains correspondence, strike updates, newsletters, newsclippings, flyers, legislative documents, briefings, a research survey, audiocassettes and videocassette pertaining to the Air Line Pilots Association strike against Eastern Air Lines, 1989-1991.
Abstract: The Martha Hamilton Collection consists of some of Martha Hamilton's reporter notebooks, correspondence, newspaper clippings, "Eastern Shuffle: songs for the Eastern picketline" songbook, Eastern Airline's termination press release, and other artifacts from Eastern Airlines during the time of the Labor Unions strike from 1988-1991 and the subsequent shutdown. Martha Hamilton began her journalism career at the Washington Post in 1972. During her time with Washington Post, she reported on the...
Abstract The Robert Haynes International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Collection, 1970-1996, consists of legal documents, pamphlets, periodicals, training materials, and benefits plans. Robert Haynes was a labor leader within both the IAMAW, Local Lodge 1650 and IAMAW and Air Transport District Lodge 142 with managed the workers for TWA airlines.
- Subject: Strikes and lockouts -- Airlines X
- Airlines -- Employees -- Labor unions 3
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 3
- Air pilots 1
- Airlines 1
- Bankruptcy 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Miami (Fla.) 1
- Women journalists 1
- correspondence 1
- medallions (medals) 1
- newsletters 1 ∧ less
- Eastern Air Lines 3
- Air Line Pilots Association 2
- Lorenzo, Frank 2
- Borman, Frank, 1928 March 14- 1
- Chaknis, John 1
- Hamilton, Martha McNeil 1
- Haynes, Robert (Labor union member) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 1650 (Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Texas Air Corporation 1
- Trans World Airlines 1
- Trump Shuttle, Inc. 1 ∧ less