Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 records, 1963-1983, contain materials relating to the Joint Apprenticeship Committee, the International Printing and Graphic Communications Union Technical Education Program Correspondence Course, and some Local 8 financial records.
The Columbus, Georgia, Labor Temple sereved as the headquarters for organized labor in Columbus Georgia during the 20th century. The Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) records consist of membership lists, correspondence, photographs, minutes, awards, agreements, apprenticeship materials, financial records, bylaws, real estate records, and jurisdictional decisions.
Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.), work in the construction industry. The records of the local are comprised of bylaws, correspondence, contract agreements, and documentation of the apprenticeship program, 1944-1984.
The James O. Moore Papers, 1965-1972, consist primarily of printed material produced by the various civic and political boards, commissions and committees on which Moore served as president of the Georgia State AFL-CIO. Government structure, Atlanta-Fulton County consolidation, and apprenticeship programs are the principal subjects.
The Southern States Apprenticeship Conference (SSAC) records include documentation for all stages of preparation, planning, operation, participation, and activity of the annual conference.
The Wood, Wire and Metal Lathers' International Union was founded in 1899. Local 234 was located in Atlanta, Georgia. This collection includes Lathers' Craft Problems and Reference Book, lathers' apprentice training and instruction manual, Local 234 apprentice school journal (December 1964-October 1974), and worksite photographs (March 1975).