Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) was chartered in 1946. Its records, 1960s-1970s, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions, and other printed items. Ralph Meers, longtime president of the local, created some of the files.
Abstract: The papers, 1946-1961, reflect primarily the work of George L. Googe (1900-1961) as secretary-treasurer of the International Printing Pressmen's Union and as director of AFL operations in the South. The bulk of the collection consists of printed reports, articles, clippings, and organizing information.
Scope and Content of the Collection This collection contains one hundred thirty six contracts dated 1911-1974.
Abstract: The International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America (IPPAU), at one time the largest printers' union in the world, existed from 1889 until its 1973 merge into International Printing and Graphic Communications Union. This collection consists of a banner with the IPPAU logo.
Abstract: The International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America (IPPAU-NA), was organized in 1889, when disgruntled pressmen and press feeders left the International Typographical Union (ITU) and, with the combined membership of thirteen locals, formed a new pressmen's union. At its peak, with a membership of more than 125,000, the IPPAU-NA became the largest printing trades union in the world. In 1973, it merged with the International Stereotypers', Electrotypers', and Platemakers'...
- Names: International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America X
- Printers -- Labor unions 4
- Printers 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Printing industry 2
- Savannah (Ga.) 2
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Detroit (Mich.) 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Paper industry workers 1
- Paper industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Raleigh (N.C.) 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Southern States 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Paper industry 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Printers 1
- banners 1
- contracts 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Labor. Southern Region 1
- Atlanta Newspapers (Firm : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Democratic National Convention (1952 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Googe, George Logan 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1