Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons' International Association of the United States and Canada, Local 148 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Scope and Content of the records
This collection contains legal documents, notes, financial records, ledgers, constitutions, bylaws, contracts, convention materials, and correspondence of the Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons International Association, Local 148.
- Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons' International Association of the United States and Canada. Local 148 (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Collection is open for research use.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Georgia State University is the owner of the physical collection and makes reproductions available for research, subject to the copyright law of the United States and item condition. Georgia State University may or may not own the rights to materials in the collection. It is the researcher's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and obtain permission from the copyright holder before publication, reproduction, or display of the materials beyond what is reasonable under copyright law. Researchers may quote selections from the collection under the fair use provision of copyright law.
Dating back to 1864, the Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons' International Association of the United States and Canada (OPCMIA) is the oldest Building and Construction Trades Union in the United States.
0.15 Linear Feet (in 5 folders)
Language of Materials
The four ledgers and few supplementary records contain information on the membership of the Plasterers and Cement Masons Union, Local 148, of Atlanta.
Collection donated by Ed Couch, March 15, 1972 [L1972-06].
During processing, materials were separated to other Southern Labor Archives Printed Collections. Consult archivist for access.
Separated to the Southern Labor Archives Proceedings Collection
- 41st Annual Convention, Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons International Association, 1967
Separated to the Southern Labor Archives Constitution and Bylaws Collection
- Constitutions and Amendments, International and Local
Separated to the Southern Labor Archives Agreements and Contracts Collection
- National Joint Board Decisions; International, State, and Local Agreements
Processed by E.L. Eltzroth at the file level, 1972. This collection guide was created from a legacy finding aid. The inventory's contents and storage locations of separated materials (if applicable) were not verified at that time.
- Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons International Association, Local 148 (Atlanta, Ga.):
- A Guide to Its Records at Georgia State University Library
- Georgia State University Library
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description