Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract: Adair, Goldthwaite, Stanford and Daniel were attorneys for union members. Their records contain the discharge cases and arbitration transcripts that resulted from the strike of the Communications Workers of America against Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company in 1955-1956; legal case files involving the strike of the International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers Local 748 versus the Jefferson City (Tennessee) Cabinet Company (a division of the Magnavox Company),...
Abstract: Originally formed in 1938, the Communications Workers of America (CWA) is the largest union of communications workers in the United States. Joseph A. Beirne served was the founding President of CWA, who served for more than 30 years. The collection consists of one commemorative plate with Mr. Beirne's portrait.
Abstract: Communications Workers of America was formed in 1938. The collection consists of 31 agreements, 1948-1977, between various local unions of the Communications Workers of America and communication or manufacturing employers.
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America (CIO) was formed in 1947; the former Southern Federation of Telephone Workers (independent) became CWA Division 49. In 1950, through a reorganization of the structure of CWA, the nine southern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee became District 3 of the CWA. The records consist primarily of more than 5500 non-precedent grievances filed by the union against its principal...
Abstract: Communication Workers of America, Local 3204 (Atlanta, Ga.) represents employees of Southern Bell in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Its office records consist mainly of correspondence (1966-1971), which concerns grievances, conventions, and agreements, and minutes, news releases and reports.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 3290 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Communications Workers of America from 1947-1966. Mainly includes correspondence and contains information on Local 3290 officers' attempt to disaffiliate from the CWA, Local 3290's subsequent placement under a temporary administrator, and the struggle between the CWA and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to determine the national bargaining agent for Western Electric Company installers. Also includes minutes,...
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America, Local 3108 (1965-1972), collection contains minutes, newspaper clippings, and printed material regarding the politics, legislation, strikes, and history of dues and wages of the Local 2108.
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America, Local 3250 (Atlanta, Ga.) Records, 1935-1945, contain correspondence, minutes, memos, and printed items highlighting the relationship between the Branch 3101 of the Federation of Long Lines Telephone Workers (a predecessor of Local 3250) and the American Telephone and Telegraph Company.
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America records, Southern Georgia District (Atlanta, Ga.), 1947, 1968-1978 consist of sound films and manuscripts concerning a 1947 attempt by the Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company to remove so-called professional employees from the union's bargaining unit.
Dates: 1947, 1968-1978
- Subject: Telecommunication -- Employees X
- Telecommunication -- Employees -- Labor unions 8
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Telecommunication -- Employees 5
- Labor union locals 4
- Telephone companies 4
- Southern States 3
- minutes (administrative records) 3
- Labor leaders 2
- Telephone companies -- Employees 2
- Alabama 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Telecommunication 1
- Florida 1
- Georgia 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Grievance procedures 1
- Kentucky 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Recognition 1
- Lawyers 1
- Louisiana 1
- Mediation and conciliation, Industrial 1
- Mississippi 1
- North Carolina 1
- Orlando (Fla.) 1
- South Carolina 1
- Tennessee 1
- Unfair labor practices 1
- Virginia 1
- ceramic ware (visual works) 1
- contracts 1
- correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 6
- Communications Workers of America 3
- Beirne, Joseph A. 2
- Communications Workers of America. District 3 2
- Adair, Goldthwaite, Stanford and Daniel 1
- Adair, Thomas S. 1
- American Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3108 (Orlando, Fla.) 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3204 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3250 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Communications Workers of America. Local 3290 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Communications Workers of America. Southern Georgia District 1
- Dixie Color Printing Corp. (Sylacauga, Ala.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers. Local 748 (Jefferson City, Tenn.) 1
- Jefferson City Cabinet Company (Jefferson City, Tenn.) 1
- Jones, A. Thomas 1
- Russo, Gene, 1935- 1
- True, Martha, 1924-2008 1
- Western Electric Company 1 ∧ less