Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
The collection consists of papers of Henry W. Chandler, secretary, Georgia Federation of Labor and president, Atlanta Federation of Trades, from 1918-1973. Includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed materials relating to Chandler's work for those and other organizations.
International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers, Local 191 of Rome, Georgia, originated the significant 1969 strike against GE that led to an eventual federal lawsuit. Its records, 1953-1997, include documentation covering the daily operations, communications, and organization of the union.
The Labor Periodicals Collection is a collection of printed journals, newspapers, newsletters and other published materials separated from Southern Labor Archives organizational collections or acquired through subscription. Consult Special Collections staff for detailed holdings or consult the Georgia State University Library catalog.
This collection consists of union documentation regarding the foundation and management of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union Local 185 and its relationship with the Crown Cotton Mill, both of Dalton, Georgia. The collection concerns the operation and management ACTWUA Local 185 from its establishment in the 1940s through the 1960s.
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 2139 (Tallahassee, Fla.) records, 1951-1969, consist primarily of minutes and dues ledgers.