Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Local 1836 (Charleston, SC) records, 1968-1976, consist of correspondence, minutes, reports and financial files.
Chartered on September 1, 1944 as a local of the Food, Tobacco, Agricultural and Allied Workers Union of America, its affiliation changed in 1954 when it became Local 15-A of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. The collection, 1945-1973, consists of financial documents, general correspondence, and files describing relations with eleven companies in the Charleston, S.C. area, chiefly the American Tobacco Company.
The records of the Service Employees International Union, Local 579, consists of materials related to the local's attempt to establish a bargaining unit at the St. Francis Xavier Hospital in Charleston, SC.
The records of the Sheet Metal Workers International Association, Local 399, 1941-1975, consist of membership applications, dues receipts and expenses and minutes of the organization.
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Clerks (Retail trade) -- Labor unions 1
- Hospitals -- Employees 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Metal-workers -- Labor unions 1
- Nursing homes -- Employees 1
- Service industries workers -- Labor unions 1
- Textile industry 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1836 (North Charleston, S.C.) 1
- American Tobacco Company 1
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Local 15-A (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Saint Francis Xavier Hospital (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Service Employees International Union 1