Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 103
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO (1980s-1990s) consist of minutes, correspondence, campaign and political materials, convention materials, photographs, newsletters, VHS and cassette tapes.
The Records, 1956-1971, of the Georgia State Council of Machinists consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material, the bulk being correspondence and minutes.
The Georgia State Firefighters Association (GSFA) services the work-related needs of its members. Its records, 1955-1972, includes financial records, minutes, constitution and by-laws materials, notes, resolutions, and correspondence.
Reports created by departments, institutes, and committees in Georgia State College's Schools of Business Administration and Arts and Sciences, 1965-1967.
The Georgia Women's Movement Oral History Collection began in 1995 as part of the Georgia Women's Movement Project, a joint undertaking of the Women's Studies Institute of Georgia State University and the Special Collections Department of the University Library. Although the focus of the collection has been the Equal Rights Amendment, also covered are many topics relating to the lives of women throughout the twntieth and twenty-first centuries.
In June 1995, the Special Collections Department of the Georgia State University Library initiated a project to build archival collections in women's history. The collection includes materials (manuscript materials, invitations and programs, flyers, audio recordings, photographs, and artifacts) documenting the history and activities of the Georgia Women's Movement Project.
Files and notes, circa 1976, relate to the Georgia State University committee to commemorate the bicentennial of the founding of the United States of America. Henry Malone, historian and GSU administrator, assembled many of the records.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 46 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
The collection consists of records of District Lodge 46 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Association of Machinists from 1937-1965. Consists primarily of correspondence and contracts relating to union recognition and contract negotiation.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 2 is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Its records consist of correspondence between employers and the local, administrative files and various records, financial records and statements, artifacts, speeches and speech materials, newspaper clippings, strike information, and various subject files.
The collection consists of 121 agreements, 1937-2000, between various local unions of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and numerous utilities, municipalities, manufacturers, and other entities.
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84 (Atlanta, Ga.) records, circa 1910s-2000s, consist of meeting minutes, correspondence, contracts, negotiations, agreements, by-laws, arbitration, grievances, and membership records. Headquartered in the Atlanta area, Local 84 represents employees of Georgia Power in various locations.
The collection contains nineteen contracts dated 1950-1968.
The collection contains thirty contracts dated 1952-1995.
The J. B. Pate collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence and other printed materials about the work of J. B. Pate, former president of the Georgia Federation of Labor.
Jacobs and Langford, law firm of partners Joseph Jacobs and James T. Langford, in Atlanta, Georgia. The records consist of case files.
Jeffrey Gordon Jones has worked as a software engineer and a research scientist (1979-1992) and as a part-time instructor in the History Department at Georgia State University (September 1995-March 1996). The Jeffrey G. Jones Collection consists of research materials collected by Jones from 1993 to 1995 in the process of writing his thesis, Georgia and the ERA, for his master's degree in history at Georgia State University.