Georgia State Firefighters Association records
Scope and Content of the Collection
The Georgia Firefighters Association records, 1955-1972, includes financial records, minutes, constitution and bylaws materials, notes, resolutions, convention proceedings, pamphlets, and correspondence.
- Creation: 1955-1972
- Georgia State Firefighters Association (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Collection is open for research use.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Georgia State University is the owner of the physical collection and makes reproductions available for research, subject to the copyright law of the United States and item condition. Georgia State University may or may not own the rights to materials in the collection. It is the researcher's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and obtain permission from the copyright holder before publication, reproduction, or display of the materials beyond what is reasonable under copyright law. Researchers may quote selections from the collection under the fair use provision of copyright law.
History of Georgia State Fire Fighters Association
Founded in 1952, the Georgia State Firefighters Association (GSFA) services the work-related needs of its members. GSFA is the largest and oldest fire service organization in the State. GSFA provides members with an active network and resources for information, communication, and representation on a state and national level. (Source: Georgia State Firefighters Association website, gsfa.org)
0.4 Linear Feet (in 7 folders)
Language of Materials
The Georgia State Firefighters Association (GSFA) services the work-related needs of its members. Its records, 1955-1972, includes financial records, minutes, constitution and by-laws materials, notes, resolutions, and correspondence.
Donated by Edward D. Bayley on behalf of the Georgia State Firefighters Association, May and December 1973.
During processing, materials were separated to other Southern Labor Archives Printed Collections. For pamphlets, see the Southern Labor Archives Pamphlet Collection finding aid (note that this collection has been weeded over time). For proceedings, consult archivist.
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Pamphlet Collection
- Four pamphlets concerning salary and working conditions, 1955, 1965
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Proceedings Collection
- International Association of Fire Fighters, Report of Proceedings of 30th Convention, 1970 [L1973-61]
- Georgia State Firemen's Association, 15th Annual Conference, 1966 [L1973-61]
Processed by E.L.E. Mize, 1973 and Chris Klepac, 1974.
This collection guide was created from a legacy finding aid. The inventory's contents and storage locations of separated materials (if applicable) were not verified at that time.
- Removed from finding aid: Separated to Southern Labor Archives Directory Collection - International Association of Fire Fighters Directory of Recording Secretaries, 1968, 1970, 1971
- Georgia State Fire Fighters Association:
- A Guide to Its Records at Georgia State University Library
- Georgia State University Library
- March 24, 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description