Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
The Girl Vigilantes were an anonymous group of political activists in Atlanta, Georgia, who used images and action to draw attention to reproductive rights and other social issues.
Betty Grant served as the president of the Georgia chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW), 1988-early 1990s. The Betty Grant papers include office files pertaining to the activities of the Georgia NOW during her time serving the organization in various roles, including that of president, as well as photographs and artifacts.
Chris Carroll is a real estate broker and women's policy activist in Atlanta, Georgia, who served as a board member for the Women's Policy Group, 1992-2011. Her papers consist of correspondence, handwritten notes, meeting agendas and minutes, reports and other printed material, and financial records, primarily documenting the Women's Policy Group.
Cynthia Welch Hlass, real estate broker and former Atlanta NOW president was born in Kansas City, Missouri in 1944. The Cynthia W. Hlass Papers, 1970-1976, are arranged under the following topics: Atlanta NOW, Georgia NOW, National NOW, NOW State Legislative Coordinator, Equal Rights Amendment, and Miscellaneous and consist of manuscript and printed materials documenting Hlass's participation in NOW, as well as efforts to ratify the ERA in Georgia.
Dorothy Gibson-Ferrey was elected in 1972 as the first Chairperson of the reformed Georgia Commission on the Status of Women, having served on the board of the Fulton County Department of Children and Youth and the Georgia Committee on Crime and Delinquency. The bulk of the collection relates to her service on the Georgia Commission on the Status of Women, 1971-1992, and her work on the Equal Rights Amendment and with ERA Georgia.
Eleanor Hope Crisler Babcock, born November 8, 1931 in Atlanta, Georgia, has worked as a homemaker, substitute teacher, mortgage loan counselor, and insurance claims clerical supervisor. The Eleanor Crisler Babcock Collection contains printed materials and artifacts related to ERA ratification efforts from the Georgia chapter of NOW, ERA Georgia, Inc., and HERA.
The Georgia Women's Movement Oral History Collection began in 1995 as part of the Georgia Women's Movement Project, a joint undertaking of the Women's Studies Institute of Georgia State University and the Special Collections Department of the University Library. Although the focus of the collection has been the Equal Rights Amendment, also covered are many topics relating to the lives of women throughout the twntieth and twenty-first centuries.
Laura J. Moriarty has been very active in community and civic affairs for several years. Her collection, circa 1978-1994 consists of materials relating to her involvement with various organizations, including the Abigails, the Democratic Party, the League of Women Voters, the Atlanta Regional Commission, the National Issues Forum and the National Commission on Social Security.
Acting as a delegate from Atlanta NOW, Mary Jo Duncanson became involved with ERA Georgia, Inc. and the Equal Rights Amendment movement. The Mary Jo Duncanson papers, 1972-1984, document her involvement in the Equal Rights Amendment movement in Georgia.
Sherry Shulman Sutton, a native of Atlanta, Georgia, has been active in Georgia politics since the 1970s when she became involved in the Equal Rights Amendment/Women's Rights movement. The collection consists of office files and artifacts related to Shery Sutton's political and social movement activities during the late 1970s and 1980s.
Pay equity studies, the Tampa Women's Center, the University of South Florida Women's Studies Program, a series of local newspapers and journals, and Women's Centers were the roots of the Women's movement in Tampa. The collection consists of articles, journals and pamphlets concerning women's issues in the early 1970s.
The Women's Printed Collection: Periodicals is an artificial collection of serial publications by or about women. Materials are usually received by Special Collections along with donated manuscript collections.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 13
- Equal rights amendments 10
- Women political activists 7
- Georgia 6
- Sex discrimination against women 3
- Abortion -- Law and legislation 2
- Community activists 2
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 2
- Family violence 2
- Women in public life 2
- Women's studies 2
- Bainbridge (Ga.) 1
- Cobb County (Ga.) 1
- College teachers 1
- Florida 1
- Lobbyists 1
- Macon (Ga.) 1
- Marital violence 1
- Political activists 1
- Pro-choice movement 1
- Tampa (Fla.) 1
- Women -- Legal status, laws, etc. 1
- Women in community organization 1
- Women in higher education 1
- Women politicians 1
- artifacts (object genre) 1
- buttons (information artifacts) 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- floppy disks 1
- invitations 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1
- pamphlets 1
- periodicals 1
- photographs 1
- reports 1
- scrapbooks 1
- stickers 1
- videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- National Organization for Women 5
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 4
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 4
- Georgia NOW 3
- National Organization for Women. Atlanta Chapter 3
- Women's Policy Group 2
- Altrusa International 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- Atlanta Women's Network 1
- Babcock, Eleanor Crisler, 1931- 1
- Ball, Martha Charlene 1
- Beynon, Valerie 1
- Brown, Amanda 1
- Carroll, Chris (Christine Ann) 1
- Davis, Stephanie 1
- De Catanzaro, Christine D. 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Duncanson, Mary Jo, 1947- 1
- Durand, Joyce Jenkins, 1939- 1
- Fowlkes, Diane L., 1939-2020 1
- Gaunt, MaryAnne (MaryAnne Farnsworth) 1
- Georgia State University Library 1
- Georgia State University. Women's Studies Institute 1
- Georgia Women for a Change 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Committee on Schools 1
- Georgia. Governor's Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Gibson-Ferrey, Dorothy 1
- Ginn, Bo 1
- Girl Vigilantes 1
- Grant, Betty J. 1
- Hlass, Cynthia W. (Cynthia Welch), 1944-2003 1
- Holmen, Phyllis J. 1
- Housewives for E.R.A. 1
- Judy, Beth 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- League of Women Voters of DeKalb County, Ga. 1
- League of Women Voters of Georgia 1
- Millen, Susan A. (Susan Ann), 1951- 1
- Moriarty, Laura J., 1945- 1
- Olson, Anne, 1934- 1
- Paulk, Janet, 1932- 1
- Riddle, Mary, 1949- 1
- Schlafly, Phyllis 1
- Slade, Tristan 1
- Sutton, Sherry (Sherry Shulman), 1941- 1
- Tampa Women's Liberation 1
- University of South Florida 1
- Van Tilborg, Dana 1 ∧ less