Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract: The Records, 1917-1921, 1948-1975 of the Asheville North Carolina Central Labor Union bulk in the late 1950's- early 1970's. The material dated 1917-1921 consists of photocopies of a small amount of correspondence and printed material. The records include correspondence, financial documents and incomplete minutes. The bulk of the collection consists of form letters, circulars, and printed material illustrating the role of the Central Labor Union as a clearing house of AFL-CIO information for...
Dates: 1917-1921, 1948-1975
Abstract: The Asheville Labor Temple was founded in 1924. Its Records, 1920-1931, 1949-1970, are composed of correspondence, financial statements, minutes, and printed items. The records include some minutes and financial documents of the Asheville Central Labor Union.
Dates: 1920-1931, 1949-1970
Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America, Local 1 (Asheville, N.C.) records
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 1 (Asheville, N.C.) of the Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union, and its predecessor the Bricklayers' and Masons' International Union of America, from 1903-1926. The collection includes dues ledgers (1903-1906; 1921-1923) providing information about members and the amount of dues income, minutes (1903-1913) providing insight into the local's day-to-day activities, roll book (1905-1922), and membership applications (1923-1926).
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains one hundred twenty-six contracts dated 1952-1973.
Abstract: John Elwood Jervis (1909-1984), born in Marshall, North Carolina, was President Asheville Central Labor Union (1950-1976) and member, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 384. The collection, 1888-1974 (bulk 1958-1974), contains minutes (1917-1919, 1961, 1965), legal documents, printed flyers, handbills, photographs, and correspondence relating to the activities of the Asheville Central Labor Union (Asheville, N.C.). Also included in the collection are the original...
Dates: 1888-1974; Majority of material found within 1958 - 1974
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains twenty-one contracts dated 1958-1983.
Abstract: The collection of Ray Stepp, 1965-1976, contain correspondence which reveals the intended and later merging of North and South Carolina Pipe Trades Association with the Tennessee Pipe Trades Association.
Abstract: The records of the United Association of Plumbers and Steamfitters, Local 487 (Asheville (N.C.)), 1949-1976, consist primarily of minute books.
Abstract: The Records, 1934-1959, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) concern the meetings, elections, salary increase requests, and violation charges against members, as well as the proposed affiliation of Local 384 with the North Carolina State AFL-CIO.
Abstract The United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 2598T (Enka, N.C.) represents workers who first organized as rayon workers of American Enka Corporation. The mill has chiefly produced Rayon and Nylon, although currently produces only carpeting. Although organized by the United Textile Workers of America (UTWA) for most of its existence, the local is now a textile peripheral of UFCW. At its height, the local had 1500 members which has since dwindled to approximately 200. This collection...
Abstract: The records of the United Food and Commercial Workers, Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.), 1944-1986 (bulk 1961-1983), contain correspondence, organizing materials, National Labor Relations Board cases and decisions, legal files, publications, meeting minutes, annual reports, convention and mass meeting materials, financial records, political and legislative materials, and newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1944-1986; Majority of material found within 1961 - 1983
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains eleven contracts dated 1950-1972.
- Labor union locals 5
- Industrial relations 4
- minutes (administrative records) 4
- Central labor councils 3
- Collective labor agreements 3
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 3
- contracts 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 2
- North Carolina 2
- Bricklayers -- Labor unions 1
- Butchers 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Columbia (S.C.) 1
- Fur workers 1
- Fur workers -- Labor unions 1
- Furniture workers 1
- Furniture workers -- Labor unions 1
- Georgia 1
- Greensboro (N.C.) 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Harrisburg (Pa.) 1
- Indiana 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Mergers 1
- Leather workers 1
- Leather workers -- Labor unions 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) 1
- Plasterers -- Labor unions 1
- Poultry industry 1
- Poultry industry -- Employees 1
- South Carolina 1
- Teamsters 1
- Tennessee 1
- Textile industry 1
- Textile workers 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Winston-Salem (N.C.) 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1 ∧ less
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 4
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 3
- Stepp, Raymond 3
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 2
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 2
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) 2
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union 2
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- American Enka Company 1
- Asheville Labor Temple (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 1 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Colonial Stores Incorporated 1
- Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 1
- Laborers' International Union of North America 1
- North Carolina State AFL-CIO 1
- North Carolina State Federation of Labor 1
- North and South Caroline Pipe Trades Association 1
- Tennessee Pipe Trades Association 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 2598T (Enka, N.C.) 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 2598 (Enka, N.C.) 1
- Upholsterers' International Union of North America 1
- Whitmire, Roy 1 ∧ less