Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO (1980s-1990s) consist of minutes, correspondence, campaign and political materials, convention materials, photographs, newsletters, VHS and cassette tapes.
Correspondence, legal documents, membership applications, injury reports, list of retired members, and other items. Includes material relating to legal proceedings against Georgia Power Company (1945-1975) and Southwire Company, Carrollton, Ga. (1957-1970); Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; and minutes of North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council. Correspondents include Harry Bexley, business manager, Local 613.