Ramona S. Frasher papers
Scope and Content of the Papers
The papers are comprised primarily of materials related to sex-role stereotyping, and include education packs/visual aids, and games, as well as the study, Research on Women, Sex-, and Gender-related Topics by Persons Affiliated with Georgia State University, by Lyn Thaxton. Also in the papers are bylaws and a speakers kit created by the Atlanta Chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW). Other feminist and political items include greeting cards and buttons.
Files are arranged alphabetically.
- Creation: 1968-1992
- Frasher, Ramona Schneiderer (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Collection is open for research use.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Georgia State University is the owner of the physical collection and makes reproductions available for research, subject to the copyright law of the United States and item condition. Georgia State University may or may not own the rights to materials in the collection. It is the researcher's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and obtain permission from the copyright holder before publication, reproduction, or display of the materials beyond what is reasonable under copyright law. Researchers may quote selections from the collection under the fair use provision of copyright law.
Biography of Romona S. Frasher
Ramona Marie Scheiderer was born in Union County, Ohio, in 1940. She received a B.S. in Education (Concordia College, Seward, NE, 1962); an MLS from Queens College (CUNY) in 1967; a Masters in Education and PhD from Georgia State University, 1972 and 1974.
Frasher has been a kindergarten teacher (1962-1964), a school librarian (1965-1969), and served on the faculty of Georgia State University from 1969-1971, and from 1974 to 1998. She was a member of the Atlanta chapter of NOW during the 1970s, and has been a member of the National Library Association, the American Educational Research Association, the National Council of Teachers of English, and the International Reading Association. Frasher has been active in a number of special interest groups focusing on children's literature, international education, and women's/gender issues. Now living in Melbourne Beach, Florida, she is involved in animal welfare, and volunteers for a local animal shelter.
2.09 Linear Feet (in 3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Ramona S. Frasher was a member of the Atlanta chapter of NOW during the 1970s, and has been a member of the National Library Association, the American Educational Research Association, the National Council of Teachers of English, and the International Reading Association. The papers are comprised primarily of materials related to sex-role stereotyping, and include education packs/visual aids, and games, as well as the study, Research on Women, Sex-, and Gender-related Topics by Persons Affiliated with Georgia State University, by Lyn Thaxton.
Files arranged alphabetically.
Donated by Ramona S. Frasher, 2004.
Several items have been digitized and are available online at Georgia State University Library Digital Collections.
Separated to Women's Printed Collection: Pamphlets (W-Pamphlets) see finding aid for access
- "Women's Educational Equity Act, First Annual Report," September 30, 1976 [Education]
- "Stalled at the Start: Government Action on Sex Bias in the Schools," 1978 [Education]
Separated to Women's Printed Collection: Periodicals (W-Periodicals), see finding aid or online catalog for access
- The Atlantic: March 1970
- Interact: Publication of the National Student YWCA, December 1969
- International Journal of Women's Studies: Vol. 3, No. 2. March/April 1980
- Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 18, No. 2. October 1980
- The MBA, March 1971
- Majority Report, Vol. 3, No.2. June 1973
- Newsweek, August 16, 1971
- NOW News (South Metro Atlanta Chapter), Vol.1, No.1; Vol.1, No.2, August; October 1973
- NOW Notes (Atlanta Chapter), 1971-1973
- Page One, Vol.1, No.1; 2 June; July 1973
- Psychology Today, July 1971
- The Reading Teacher, Vol. 30, No. 8. May 1977; Vol. 32, No. 2. November 1978
- Sex Discrimination in Education Newsletter, Vol.1, Nos. 1 and 2, October-December 1975; Vol. 1, No. 4, undated; Vol. 1, No. 5, 6, January 1975; Vol.2, Nos.1 and 2, October-December 1976
- Saturday Review, February 21, 1970
- Time, August 31, 1970; March 20, 1972; July 23, 1984
- Women: A Journal of Liberation, Vol.1, No.3; Vol.2, No.4
Separated to Spec Books Collection (See catalog for access)
- Beauvoir, Simone de. The Second Sex. New York, Knopf, 1953 (1968 printing). (Spec. Women's HQ1208 .B352)
- Burton, Gabrielle. I'm Running Away From Home, But I'm Not Allowed to Cross the Street. New York: Avon Books, 1975, c1972. (Spec. Women's HQ1426 .B85 1975)
- Carden, Maren Lockwood. The New Feminist Movement. New York, Russell Sage Foundation . (Spec. Women's HQ1426 .C38 c.2)
- Cooke, Cynthia W. and Dworkin, Susan. The Ms. Guide to A Woman's Health: The Most Up-to-date Guide to a Woman's Health and Well-being. Garden City, New York: Doubleday, 1979 (Spec. Women's RG121 .C767 1979)
- Coopersmith, Stanley and Feldman, Ronald (eds.). The Formative Years: Principles of Early Childhood Education. San Francisco, Albion Pub. Co. . (Spec. Women's LB1140 .C65)
- Diner, Helen. Mothers and Amazons: The First Feminine History of Culture. New York: Julian Press, 1965. (Spec. Women's HQ1121 .E 313)
- Farrant, Patricia A (ed.). Strategies and Attitudes: Women in Educational Administration. Washington, D.C. : National Association for Deans, Administrators, and Counselors, c1986. (Spec. Women's LB2831.82 .S77 1986)
- Figes, Eva. Patriarchal Attitudes. Greenwich, Conn.: Fawcett Publications, . (Spec. Women's HQ1121 .F53 1971)
- Friedan, Betty. It Changed My Life: Writings on the Women's Movement. New York, Random : House, c1976. (Spec. Women's HQ1413 .F75 A34 1976)
- Greer, Germaine. The Female Eunuch. New York : McGraw-Hill, . (Spec. Women's HQ1206 .G77 1971 c.2)
- Harrison, Barbara Grizzuti. Unlearning the Lie: Sexism in School. New York : Liveright . (Spec. Women's HQ57.5 .A3 H37)
- Hennessey, Caroline. I, B.I.T.C.H.. New York : Lancer Books, c1970. (Spec. Women's HQ1154 .H451)
- Maccoby, Eleanor Emmons and Jacklin, Carol Nagy. The Psychology of Sex Differences. Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 1974. (Spec. Women's BF692 .M274)
- Mill, John Stuart. On the Subjection of Women. Greenwich Conn. : Fawcett Publications, . (Spec. Women's HQ1596 .M52 1971 c.2)
- Millett, Kate. Sexual Politics. Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1970. (Spec. Women's HQ1154 .M5 c.2)
- Sexton, Patricia. Women in Education. Bloomington, Ind. : Phi Delta Kappa Educational Foundation, c1976. (Spec. Women's LC1752 .S49)
- Sheridan, Marcia (ed.). Sex Stereotypes and Reading: Research and Strategies. Newark, Del.: International Reading Association, c.1982. (Spec. Women's Z5814 .D5 S49 1982)
- Steinem, Gloria. Revolution From Within: A Book of Self-Esteem. Boston: Little, Brown and Co., c1992. (Spec. Women's BF697.5 S46 S74 1992 c.2)
Processed by Morna Gerrard, 2005; oversize items added to inventory, 2021.
- Ramona S. Frasher:
- A Guide to Her Papers at Georgia State University Library
- Georgia State University Library
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description