Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
The Atlanta Labor Temple Association was founded in 1910 by a group of unions and individuals to provide office and meeting space for Atlanta's labor community. Records include extensive minutes (1910-1963), statements and other financial records, material (1916) from a cornerstone of the Labor Temple, and a historical collection (1896-1947).
Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 records, 1963-1983, contain materials relating to the Joint Apprenticeship Committee, the International Printing and Graphic Communications Union Technical Education Program Correspondence Course, and some Local 8 financial records.
The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
The records of the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Local 193, 1905-1972 contain four minute books (1905-1911, 1927-1932, 1937-1940, and 1952-1957) that describe primarily routine internal union business, especially finances, meetings, and legal affairs.
Proposed budgets for Georgia State College and its predecessors, Fiscal Year 1935 - Fiscal Yeat 1966 (incomplete) comprise the bulk of the records, which also include other financial records including ledgers, correspondence, and other materials.
Ledgers and other financial records, correspondence, and notes from the Georgia School of Technology Evening School of Commerce, 1924-1938.
The Columbus, Georgia, Labor Temple sereved as the headquarters for organized labor in Columbus Georgia during the 20th century. The Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) records consist of membership lists, correspondence, photographs, minutes, awards, agreements, apprenticeship materials, financial records, bylaws, real estate records, and jurisdictional decisions.
Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
Gay Spirit Visions organizes gatherings for gay men to explore their spirituality and identity in a safe, nurturing, and sacred environment. The records mostly detail the planning, financing, and recording of retreats, and include correspondence, financial records, flyers, invitations, programs, audiovisual materials, and photographs dating from 1978-2010.
The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
The Records, 1956-1971, of the Georgia State Council of Machinists consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material, the bulk being correspondence and minutes.
The wives of faculty organized the Georgia State University Women’s Club on October 8, 1934. The records, 1934-1988, consist of financial records, yearbooks, meeting minutes, and correspondence that involved the faculty wives and women faculty members.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 143 represented airline workers in the Great Lakes region of North America, specifically with Northwest Airlines. The records (1946-2009) consist of bylaws, benefits and retirement information, conventions proceedings, contracts, apprenticeship materials, publications seniority lists, committee materials, financial records, artifacts, photographs, audiovisual materials, and various types of correspondence.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) records
IAMAW Local Lodge 37 was chartered on July 11, 1899, and dissolved in the late 1980s. Its records relate to the day-to-day activities of a major New Orleans union and its relationship to the International headquarters, and include constitutions, bylaws, minutes, correspondence, agreement reports, financial records, membership cards and artifacts.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 2 is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Its records consist of correspondence between employers and the local, administrative files and various records, financial records and statements, artifacts, speeches and speech materials, newspaper clippings, strike information, and various subject files.
International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 89 existed in Cheyenne, Wyoming during the late 19th and into the twentieth century. The records includes minutes, financial records, correspondence, rolls and dues lists, administrative records of the Ladies Auxiliary, railroad maintenance booklets, and other general administrative records and items.
International Association of Machinists, Local Lodge 104 and Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W.Va.) records
International Association of Machinists, Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 were both in Huntington, WV. The records, 1915-1953, of Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 consist of membership rolls and financial ledgers.