Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 27
Abstract: The records of the Altrusa International, Atlanta Club, 1938-2001, describe through administrative papers, correspondence, scrapbooks, articles and photographs how the women's service organization provided community service within District III and with Altrusa clubs internationally as a whole.
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
Dates: 1965-1990; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1980
Scope and Contents of the Papers The Bernice Dixon papers, 1851, 1881-1882, 1899-2015 (bulk 1954-1982), consist of correspondence, annual reports, catalogs, bylaws, programs, student materials, scrapbooks, photographs, yearbooks, and other printed material. The materials document the activities of the Grady Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, relevant institutions, organizations, students, alumni and the hospital’s nursing service. Bernice Dixon collected the materials during her employment at Grady Hospital and while...
Dates: 1851, 1881-1882, 1899-2015; Majority of material found within 1954 - 1982
Abstract The Bill Cousins collection of PATCO Local 321 material consists of news clippings, periodicals, audio tapes, legal files, and correspondence. Most of the material covers the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization's strike of 1981. Bill Cousins worked as an air traffic controller in Detroit, Michigan.
Abstract: The Gender and Sexuality Periodicals collection is an artificial collection of serial publications about and for the LGBTQ community in Atlanta, the southeast, and the world. Materials are usually received by Special Collections along with donated manuscript collections.
Dates: 1966; 1972-2016
Abstract: The Georgia Association of Educators is a component member of the National Education Association which acts as a professional organization for educators in the state of Georgia. The GAE provides legal services, professional support and learning, and political lobbying to its members in Georgia. The Georgia Association of Educators records (1921-2015) consist of convention materials, meeting minutes, membership materials, newspaper clippings, audio-visual materials, photographs, periodicals,...
Dates: 1832, 1883-1901, 1921-2015; Majority of material found within 1961 - 2015
Abstract: The Georgia Nurses' Association (GNA) was founded in 1907 as a professional organization to unite nurses in Georgia, to advocate for high standards for nurses and nursing education, and to improve patient care. Minutes and proceedings, correspondence, reports, constitutions, bylaws, articles of incorporation, printed material, notes, financial records, scrapbooks, legal documents, photographs, sound recordings, and artifacts make up the records of the Georgia Nurses' Association and document...
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 143 represented airline workers in the Great Lakes region of North America, specifically with Northwest Airlines. The records (1946-2009) consist of bylaws, benefits and retirement information, conventions proceedings, contracts, apprenticeship materials, publications seniority lists, committee materials, financial records, artifacts, photographs, audiovisual materials, and various types of correspondence.
Dates: 1946 - 2009
Abstract: The records of International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) consist of office files, ledgers, publications, and some separated material. The collection includes dues and minute books from "colored" Local 1463 which joined Local 30 in the 1960s.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The Jennifer Giarratano collection on Atlanta economic development consists of speeches, publications, reports, newsletters, and a small amount of correspondence.
Abstract: Jim Elledge is the author of Henry Darger, Throwaway Boy: The Tragic Life of An Outsider Artist, published in 2013, a finalist for the Lambda Literary Award for gay memoir/biography and for the Publishing Triangle nonfiction award. A published poet, Elledge retired as professor of English from Kennesaw State University in Georgia. His papers 1827-2015 [bulk 1971-2006], include correspondence, writings and his and others poetry illustrating the writing and...
Dates: 1827-2015; Majority of material found within 1971 - 2006
Abstract: Knoxville Central Labor Union published East Tennessee Labor News from 1933-1970. The collection consists of print copies of the East Tennessee Labor News, 1945-1970. The collection also contains undated photographs and reports.
Scope and Contents The LGBTQ Institute's Gregg Daugherty Papers include photographs, programs, publications and digital objects. The bulk of the photographs document drag queens and performers who appeared in Atlanta's gay bars. The programs primarily highlight gay plays and events, and the publications were distributed to Georgia's gay communities. The digital objects include photographs of awards, copies of articles written by the donor, and other items that the donor wishes to retain.
Abstract: The Margaret Whiting collection consists of printed, visual, and audio materials relating to the careers of singer Margaret Whiting and her friend, songwriter Johnny Mercer, as well as Johnny Rotella and Emma Kelly.
Dates: 1924 - 2010; Majority of material found within 1946 - 2007
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council (NGBCTC) represents the legal interests of building and trades unions throughout North Georgia, as well as promoting the livelihood of local building trades and settling jurisdictional disputes between unions. These records (circa 1950s-2000s) consist of periodicals, political materials, correspondence, collective bargaining materials, contracts, minutes, charity and event organization materials, directories, project materials, videos,...
Abstract: Peter J. Conlon was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., in 1869 and raised in Springfield, Illinois. He joined the International Association of Machinists in 1890 and served as an early organizer for the union. In 1895 he was elected to its General Executive Board. He later served the IAM as First Vice President, General Organizer, and Vice President for the United States before his death in March 1931. The collection consists of books, bound journals, photographs, posters, and artifacts, primarily...
Abstract: The Popular Music Periodicals collection is an artificial collection of serial publications about the American Popular Song, Jazz, Country, Bluegrass and Gospel genres of music, and related musical industry issues. Materials are usually received by Special Collections along with donated manuscript collections.
Abstract The Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) was formed in 1968 to represent the interests of federally employed air traffic controllers and was dissolved in 1981, after a strike against the United States government resulted in all PATCO members being fired from their Federal Aviation Administration jobs. This finding aid (number 15 of 18) describes Series XV, Publications, 1968-1985 (3.5 linear feet of records in 8 boxes), including newsletters (national and local) and PATCO's...
Abstract: Richard A. Whiting was a prominent music composer for Hollywood and Broadway productions from the 1920s-1930s. The Richard A. Whiting Collection, 1896-2006, contains files related to Whiting's life and career as a musical composer including correspondence, photographs, periodicals and sheet music.
Dates: 1891-2006; Majority of material found within 1950 - 2006
Abstract: The South Carolina Nurses Association, founded in 1907, is a professional organization devoted to promoting high standards for nurses, to encouraging their advancement and welfare, and to improving health care generally. Its records include minutes and proceedings, correspondence, reports, constitutions and by-laws, printed material, notes and writings, financial records, legal documents, scrapbooks, photographs, motion pictures, sound recordings, works of art on paper, and artifacts, which...
Dates: 1897, 1907-1992
- Subject: periodicals X
- Special Collections 26
- Georgia State University Archives 1
- AFL-CIO 3
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (Washington, D.C.) 3
- Altrusa International 2
- American Nurses Association 2
- Association of Flight Attendants (U.S.) 2
- Georgia State University 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- Mercer, Johnny, 1909-1976 2
- National Student Nurses' Association (U.S.) 2
- Transport Workers Union of America 2
- Whiting, Margaret 2
- Whiting, Richard A., 1891-1938 2
- Williams, Arden 2
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- Altrusa Club of Atlanta, Georgia 1
- Altrusa International. Third District 1
- American Flint Glass Workers' Union 1
- Andrews Sisters 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Bass, Mamie L. 1
- Board of Examiners of Nurses for Georgia 1
- Busch, Lou, 1910-1979 1
- Cates, Mary 1
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 1
- Chamberlin, Ruth 1
- Charleston Public Health Nurses Association 1
- Clooney, Rosemary 1
- Conlon, Peter J. 1
- Conlon, Peter J., III 1
- Conlon, Peter J., Jr. 1
- Darger, Henry 1
- Daugherty, Greg Lee, 1954- 1
- Democratic Socialists of America 1
- Ditchfield, Alda 1
- Dixon, Bernice K., 1922- 1
- Eads, Gary 1
- Elledge, Jim, 1950- 1
- Georgia Association of Educators 1
- Georgia Education Association 1
- Georgia League of Nursing Education 1
- Georgia Nurses' Association 1
- Georgia School of Technology. Evening School of Commerce 1
- Georgia State College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia State Organization for Public Health Nursing 1
- Georgia State University Library 1
- Georgia State University. College of Business Administration 1
- Georgia Teachers and Education Association 1
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 1
- Giarratano, Jennifer 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). Department of Nursing 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). Municipal Training School for Colored Nurses 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). School of Nursing 1
- Guthrie, Woody 1
- Hice, Robert 1
- International Association of Altrusa Clubs 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 143 1
- International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades 1
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- Kelly, Emma (Emma Thompson) 1
- Kennedy, Stetson 1
- Knoxville-Oak Ridge Area Central Labor Council 1
- Kravit, Stanley 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- LaMott, Nancy 1
- League of Women Voters of Georgia 1
- Leyden, John F. 1
- Mellichamp, Julia 1
- Meyers, Robert E. 1
- National League of Nursing Education (U.S.) 1
- National Organization for Public Health Nursing (U.S.) 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Northwest Airlines Corporation 1
- Northwest Airlines, inc. 1
- O'Connell, Helen 1
- Pesnicak, Thomas L. 1
- Poli, Robert 1
- Porter, Cole, 1891-1964 1
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization. Local 321 (Detroit, Mich.) 1
- Ray, Richard, 1941- 1
- Romero, Cesar, 1907-1994 1
- Rose Marie, 1923-2017 1
- Rotella, Johnny 1
- South Carolina Nurses' Association 1
- Southeastern Bluegrass Association 1
- Statewide Master Planning Committee on Nursing Education (S.C.) 1
- Student Nurses Association of South Carolina 1
- Tennessee Federation of Labor 1
- Torchia, Domenic 1
- University System of Georgia. Board of Regents 1
- University System of Georgia. Center in Atlanta 1
- University of Georgia. Atlanta Division 1
- University of Georgia. Small Business Development Center 1
- Van de Vrede, Jane, 1880-1972 1
- Whiting, Barbara 1
- Whiting, Debbi Busch 1
- Wrangler, Jack 1 ∧ less