Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
Dates: 1965-1990; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1980
Abstract: Dan E. Sweat, Jr. (1933-1997) spent over three decades in public service and city development in Atlanta, including 15 years as president of the nonprofit corporation Central Atlanta Progress. His papers include speeches, correspondence, and newspaper clippings and document his involvement with many Atlanta organizations.
Abstract: The District of Columbia Nurses Association was founded in 1903 in order to promote the advancement of the educational standards of nursing and to adopt a code of professional ethics. Later, the organization lobbied for nursing legislation, and acted as a collective bargaining agent for District of Columbia nurses. District of Columbia Nurses Association records, 1903-1977, include correspondence (1908-1974); executive board, committee, and section minutes (1903-1971); reports (1905-1971);...
Abstract: Edmund Torbush was a member of the Atlanta Typographical Union (International Typographical Union, Local 48) who worked for Atlanta Newspapers, Inc. His papers include correspondence, minutes, news clippings, printed materials, pamphlets, photographs pertaining to the International Typographical Union, the Atlanta Typographical Union, and its Women's Auxiliary. The papers also contains artifacts used in the typesetting profession.
Abstract: Formed in 1986, Georgians for Choice brought together a number of women's organizations in an effort to greater impact the protection and expansion of women's reproductive freedom in Georgia. The records consist of correspondence and printed material, as well as minutes and agendas, financial records, legal records, photographs, audio-visual records, and artifacts including textiles, that document the legislative, organizational, advocacy, and educational work of the organization.
Dates: 1974-2008; Majority of material found within 1982-2006
Abstract: MaryAnne Farnsworth was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1944. She graduated from the University of Kentucky in 1965, and went to work for the US Department of Labor, Southern Regional Education Board, Agnes Scott College, and Goergia State University. The majority of the papers document Gaunt's work as committee chair of the Atlanta Women’s Network (AWN) Program from 1987 to 1988, including invitations to the monthly programs, contact lists of possible program speakers, as well as AWN annual...
Abstract The Southern Labor Archives Pamphlet Collection is an artificial collection of original pamphlets, reports, articles, directories, and other printed materials, that were donated over the years to the Archives. It is organized by subject.
Dates: circa 1969-1990
Abstract: Terri Wilder is an activist, HIV/AIDS advocate, and social worker who has worked in HIV patient services for over twenty years.
Dates: circa 1996-2007
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 1275 (Tampa, Fla.) of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America from 1941-1978. The correspondence (1957-1978), minutes (1960-1978), and financial documents (1941-1978) pertain to other organizations besides Local 1275. These organizations include the Gulf Coast District Council of Carpenters, the Florida West Coast Carpenters' Joint Apprenticeship Trust Fund, the Pinellas County Building Trades Council, the Florida Building Trades...
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Abstract: The "Printed Collection: Pamphlets" is an artificial collection of published and unpublished materials by or about women. Although called a pamphlet collection, this is in fact what some might consider to be a subject file or a vertical file, as it also includes reports, articles, directories, etc. Materials are usually received by Special Collections along with donated manuscript collections.
Dates: circa 1968-1999
Abstract: Formed in 1985, the Women's Resource Center to End Domestic Violence works through multiple avenues to combat domestic violence in DeKalb County. The records (1995-2010) are comprised of newsletters, annual reports, news clippings, event invitations, programs and photographs, and an apron.
- Subject: pamphlets X
- ACT UP (Organization) 1
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- Alliance for Human Services Planning 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Flint Glass Workers' Union 1
- Atlanta Partnership of Business & Education 1
- Atlanta Project 1
- Atlanta Regional Commission 1
- Atlanta Women's Network 1
- Center for Family Planning Program Development (Planned Parenthood-World Population) 1
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. 1
- Democratic Socialists of America 1
- District of Columbia Nurses Association 1
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 1
- Emory University. Emory Vaccine Center. Hope Clinic 1
- Feminist Women's Health Center 1
- Florida Council of Carpenters 1
- Florida State Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Florida West Coast Carpenters' Joint Apprenticeship Trust Fund 1
- Gaunt, MaryAnne (MaryAnne Farnsworth) 1
- Georgia State Council of Carpenters 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Georgia State University. Library 1
- Georgians for Choice (Organization) 1
- Global Campaign for Microbicides 1
- Graduate Nurses' Association of the District of Columbia 1
- Gulf Coast District Council of Carpenters 1
- International Downtown Executives Association 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Leadership Atlanta 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- Metro Atlanta Community Foundation 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Pinellas County Building Trades Council (Fla.) 1
- Pinellas County Carpenters' Joint Apprenticeship Committee (Fla.) 1
- Ray, Richard, 1941- 1
- Sutton, Sherry (Sherry Shulman), 1941- 1
- Sweat, Dan E., 1933-1997 1
- Torbush, Edmund 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1275 (Tampa, Fla.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 531 (Saint Petersburg, Fla.) 1
- Vuley, Errin J., 1974-2009 1
- Wilder, Terri 1
- Women's Resource Center to End Domestic Violence 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union 1 ∧ less