Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
Scope and Content of the Collection The South Asian Oral History Collection consists of 5 oral history interviews.
Abstract Gay Spirit Visions organizes gatherings for gay men to explore their spirituality and identity in a safe, nurturing, and sacred environment. The Gay Spirit Visions Oral History Project contains an ever-growing number of interviews with attendees of Gay Spirit Visions events.
Abstract: This Finding Aid lists the 230 Oral Histories from the Georgia Government Documentation Project.
Abstract The Georgia Women's Movement Oral History Collection began in 1995 as part of the Georgia Women's Movement Project, a joint undertaking of the Women's Studies Institute of Georgia State University and the Special Collections Department of the University Library. Although the focus of the collection has been the Equal Rights Amendment, also covered are many topics relating to the lives of women throughout the twntieth and twenty-first centuries.
Abstract The Great Speckled Bird was one of several underground newspapers that appeared in the United States in the 1960s. The Great Speckled Bird Oral History Project consists of interviews with over 30 former staff memebers of the underground newespaper.
Abstract The Immigrant Oral History Collection consists of student-conducted oral histories produced as part of Chris Lutz's History classes between 1995-1997. The collection contains 11 oral histories.
Overview In Whose Hearts is a Highway: The Buford Highway Oral History Project consists of oral history interviews about communities around the Buford Highway Corridor in Metro Atlanta, Georgia.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 733 (Wichita, Kan.) collection
Abstract International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 733 (Wichita, Kan.) collection consists of contracts, photographs, and 6 oral histories. These materials were compiled by members of Local Lodge 733 as part of their local history project. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Local Lodge 733 represented Machinists working at the Beech Aircraft Corporation.
Abstract: Jeffrey Gordon Jones has worked as a software engineer and a research scientist (1979-1992) and as a part-time instructor in the History Department at Georgia State University (September 1995-March 1996). The Jeffrey G. Jones Collection consists of research materials collected by Jones from 1993 to 1995 in the process of writing his thesis, Georgia and the ERA, for his master's degree in history at Georgia State University.
Abstract The Johnny Mercer Oral History Project includes interviews with family members, friends, and colleagues of Johnny and Ginger Mercer. John Herndon Mercer (1909-1976), a native of Savannah, Georgia, began writing songs at the age of fifteen and eventually became one of the foremost figures of 20th century American popular music. His catalog includes many numbers that have become American classics, and his activities as lyricist, composer, performer and businessman span a period of nearly five...
Abstract: The collection documents the strike (1964-1965) at Atlanta's Scripto Corporation manufacturing plant. The records of the Scripto strike, 1963-1968, 1996, 1999 consist of contemporary legal and union documents, newspaper articles, and photographs. Transcripts of interviews conducted in 1996 and a published article round out the collection.
Dates: 1963-1968, 1996-1999
Abstract The collection consists of notes, oral history transcripts, correspondence, photocopied manuscript materials, and book proofs acquired and created by Cliff Kuhn and Les Hough while writing their history of the Sheet Metal Workers, Generations of Sheet Metal Craftmanship: A History of the Unionized Industry in Georgia. Georgia State University historians, Kuhn and Hough worked in association with Sheet Metal Workers' International Association Local 85 and the...
Scope and Contents of the Collection Social Change Oral History Collection contains interviews with activists and lawyers from the city of Atlanta.
Abstract: The records of the Southern Woodcutters Assistance Project, 1979-1982, consist of correspondence, legal documents, newsclippings, printed materials, photographs and periodicals which documents the activities of the organization, as well as oral interview transcripts, photographs and legal documents of the United Woodcutters Association.
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
Scope and Contents of the Papers Oral histories including transcripts make up the Victor A. Kramer papers.
Found in: Georgia State University Archives
Content Description The Voices of Labor Oral History Project consists of 49 oral history interviews. The interviews are with labor union members and cover their lives, upbringings, and work in the labor movement.
Dates: 1995, 2002-2016
Abstract: The collection consists of papers of W. J. "Bill" Usery from 1940, 1942, 1952-2004. The International Association of Machinists series (1940, 1952-1969) documents Usery's involvement and participation with labor unions and the arbitration process. The United States Government series (1969-1977) pertains to Usery's government career, while the Bill Usery Associates series contains material relating to Usery's labor-management negotiation firm in Washington, DC. The Client and Mediation Files...
Dates: 1940, 1952-2004
Scope and Contents of the Collection The Wayne W. Daniel collection contains manuscript copies of the book Pickin' on Peachtree, audio cassette recordings of oral histories, photographs, posters and event flyers, commercial and non-commercial sound recordings, as well as commercial and non-commercial video recordings. The bulk of the collection is made up of Dr. Daniel's research files that he utilized to write his numerous articles and papers on country music as well as ...
Dates: 1891 - 2007
Abstract On January 21, 2017, millions of people worldwide took part in marches to protest the inauguration of Donald Trump as the President of the United States. The first protest, which took place in Washington, D.C., was known as the Women's March on Washington and was intended as a response to anti-woman rhetoric and beliefs that were espoused during Trump's campaign. While women's and reproductive rights were at the forefront of marchers' concerns, many also protested the racist, anti-immigrant,...
- Subject: oral histories (document genres) X
- Special Collections 20
- Georgia State University Archives 1
- Abbott, Franklin 3
- Fowlkes, Diane L., 1939-2020 3
- Kuhn, Cliff 3
- Durand, Joyce Jenkins, 1939- 2
- Lutz, Chris 2
- Reisinger, Andrew James, 1977- 2
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- Ball, Martha Charlene 1
- Beech Aircraft Corporation 1
- Brown, Amanda 1
- Cahill, Jeanne Taylor, 1932- 1
- Carson, Karen, 1973- 1
- Conover, Willis 1
- Cumbaa, Randall (Interviewer) 1
- Curtis, Margaret Miller, 1935- 1
- Daniel, Wayne W. 1
- De Catanzaro, Christine D. 1
- Donastorg, Mirtha (Interviewer) 1
- Donner, Suzanne 1
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Faulkner, Daphne C., 1930- 1
- Fishman, Marcia 1
- Flaherty, Lisa, 1965- 1
- Gay Spirit Visions (Organization) 1
- Georgia State University. Southern Labor Archives 1
- Georgia State University. Women's Studies Institute 1
- Gerrard, Morna 1
- Gibson-Ferrey, Dorothy 1
- Gough, Cal, 1948- 1
- Griffin, Schaune (Interviewer) 1
- Hague, Erica Lynn 1
- Halevy, Emily 1
- Hard Times Productions, Inc. 1
- Helfand, Judith 1
- Holmes, Dorris, 1924-2010 1
- Hough, Leslie S. 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 733 (Wichita, Kan.) 1
- International Chemical Workers Union 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Jones, Jeffrey Gordon 1
- Jones, Maria Getzinger, 1919-2005 1
- Kata, Lauren 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Kramer, Victor A. 1
- LaPorte, Philip A. 1
- Lassiter, Jacqueline 1
- Lefkowitz, Leah 1
- Liou, Marian (Interviewer) 1
- Major League Baseball Players Association 1
- McBee, Louise 1
- McGee, Alex, 1989- 1
- McGill, Eula, 1911-2003 1
- Mercer, Johnny, 1909-1976 1
- Millen, Susan A. (Susan Ann), 1951- 1
- National Marine Engineers Beneficial Association (U.S.) 1
- Oeder, Carol 1
- Paton, Christopher Ann, 1956- 1
- Paulk, Janet, 1932- 1
- Perryman, Don, 1945- 1
- Research Consortium for the Southwide Textile Strike of 1934 1
- Riddle, Mary, 1949- 1
- Roberts, Peter (Interviewer) 1
- Scripto (Firm : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Sharpless, Rebecca 1
- Sheet Metal Workers' International Association. Local 85 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Slade, Tristan 1
- Slawsky, Norman J., 1949- 1
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 1
- Southern Woodcutters Assistance Project 1
- Spelman College 1
- Stephens, Karen W. 1
- Stoney, George C. 1
- Strub, Liza 1
- Tracy, Dorothy J., 1920- 1
- United States. Department of Labor. Office of the Secretary 1
- United States. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service 1
- United States. President (1969-1974 : Nixon) 1
- United States. President (1974-1977 : Ford) 1
- United Woodcutters Association 1
- Usery, W. J., Jr., 1923-2016 1
- Van Tilborg, Dana 1
- Vega, Muriel 1
- Vivian, C. T. 1
- We Love BuHi, Inc. 1
- Williams, Hosea, 1926-2000 1
- Wysong, Lee 1
- Young, Alice C., 1923- 1 ∧ less