Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 27
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America from 1918-1968. These records describe the business activities of Local 442 including the Meat Cutter's strikes of 1939 over agreements and of 1945 for a new contract to give union members a holiday on New Year's Day. A meat shortage of the mid-1940s resulted in a drop on the number of new members, loss and unemployment of old members, and dwindling money reserves....
Dates: 1918-1968; 1987
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Temple Association was founded in 1910 by a group of unions and individuals to provide office and meeting space for Atlanta's labor community. Records include extensive minutes (1910-1963), statements and other financial records, material (1916) from a cornerstone of the Labor Temple, and a historical collection (1896-1947).
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939; 1948-1970
Abstract: The records of the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Local 193, 1905-1972 contain four minute books (1905-1911, 1927-1932, 1937-1940, and 1952-1957) that describe primarily routine internal union business, especially finances, meetings, and legal affairs.
Scope and Contents of the Records Proposed budgets for Georgia State College and its predecessors, Fiscal Year 1935 - Fiscal Yeat 1966 (incomplete) comprise the bulk of the records, which also include other financial records including ledgers, correspondence, and other materials.
Scope and Contents note Ledgers and other financial records, correspondence, and notes from the Evening School of Commerce and its successors, 1924-1960.
Abstract The Columbus, Georgia, Labor Temple sereved as the headquarters for organized labor in Columbus Georgia during the 20th century. The Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) records consist of membership lists, correspondence, photographs, minutes, awards, agreements, apprenticeship materials, financial records, bylaws, real estate records, and jurisdictional decisions.
Abstract: Florida AFL-CIO was formed in 1958 with the merging of the Florida American Federation of Labor and the Florida Congress of Industrial Organizations. The collection, 1965-1968, consists of correspondence, minutes, financial documents and printed materials. Correspondence illustrates such primary concerns as labor's role in education; state and national legislation; opposition to the Taft-Hartley Act and the Landrum-Griffin Bill, and its support of Congressman Claude Pepper.
Abstract: Gay Spirit Visions organizes gatherings for gay men to explore their spirituality and identity in a safe, nurturing, and sacred environment. The records mostly detail the planning, financing, and recording of retreats, and include correspondence, financial records, flyers, invitations, programs, audiovisual materials, and photographs dating from 1978-2010.
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract: The Records, 1956-1971, of the Georgia State Council of Machinists consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material, the bulk being correspondence and minutes.
Abstract The wives of faculty organized the Georgia State University Women’s Club on October 8, 1934. The records, 1934-1988, consist of financial records, yearbooks, meeting minutes, and correspondence that involved the faculty wives and women faculty members.
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 143 represented airline workers in the Great Lakes region of North America, specifically with Northwest Airlines. The records (1946-2009) consist of bylaws, benefits and retirement information, conventions proceedings, contracts, apprenticeship materials, publications seniority lists, committee materials, financial records, artifacts, photographs, audiovisual materials, and various types of correspondence.
Dates: 1946 - 2009
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) records
Abstract: IAMAW Local Lodge 37 was chartered on July 11, 1899, and dissolved in the late 1980s. Its records relate to the day-to-day activities of a major New Orleans union and its relationship to the International headquarters, and include constitutions, bylaws, minutes, correspondence, agreement reports, financial records, membership cards and artifacts.
Dates: 1906-1987; Majority of material found within 1955 - 1980
Abstract: The United Machinists and Mechanical Engineers of America was founded in 1888. In 1889, the name changed to the National Association of Machinists. Two years later, it became known as the International Association of Machinists and in 1965, this was changed to the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Collection documents the growth of a machinists union, founded in Atlanta, into an international union....
Dates: 1891-2002; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1989
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 2 is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Its records consist of correspondence between employers and the local, administrative files and various records, financial records and statements, artifacts, speeches and speech materials, newspaper clippings, strike information, and various subject files.
International Association of Machinists, Local Lodge 104 and Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W.Va.) records
Abstract: International Association of Machinists, Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 were both in Huntington, WV. The records, 1915-1953, of Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 consist of membership rolls and financial ledgers.
Abstract: The collection consists of ledger books (including minutes, cash books, membership rolls and dues) that document the business activity of the Machinists' Local Lodge 846 for the years 1913-1956.
Abstract: International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 89 existed in Cheyenne, Wyoming during the late 19th and into the twentieth century. The records includes minutes, financial records, correspondence, rolls and dues lists, administrative records of the Ladies Auxiliary, railroad maintenance booklets, and other general administrative records and items.
Dates: 1892-1972; Majority of material found within 1919 - 1940
- Subject: financial records X
- Special Collections 24
- Georgia State University Archives 3
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 6
- International Association of Machinists 3
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 2
- Georgia State University. Business Office 2
- Northwest Airlines, inc. 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Abbott, Franklin 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 442 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Can Company 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Atlanta Federal Labor Union 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Atlanta Labor Temple 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 4 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 193 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) 1
- Eads, Gary 1
- Eastern Air Lines 1
- Engraved Steel Plate Finisher's Association 1
- Florida AFL-CIO 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Gay Spirit Visions (Organization) 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia School of Technology. Evening School of Commerce 1
- Georgia State Council of Machinists 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Georgia State University. Women's Club 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- Harry, Hay 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 143 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 2 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 89 (Cheyenne, Wyo.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 104 & Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W. Va.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 846 (Washington, D.C.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Leyden, John F. 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Meyers, Robert E. 1
- National Gypsum Company 1
- Northwest Airlines Corporation 1
- Pattern Makers' League of North America 1
- Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989 1
- Poli, Robert 1
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Ramer, Andrew 1
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Torchia, Domenic 1
- Trades and Labor Assembly (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada. Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1723 (Columbus, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 2261 (Fort Meyers, Fla.) 1
- United States Railroad Labor Board 1
- Winpisinger, William W. 1
- Wolfdancer, Raven, 1946-1993 1 ∧ less