Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract: E. L. Abercrombie (1908-1989) served as executive secretary of Local 218 of the Laundry, Dry Cleaning and Dye House Workers International and was involved with charitable, political, and humanitarian organizations throughout his career. This collection includes numerous awards, plaques, and commendations given to Abercrombie.
Abstract Longtime Atlanta resident and philanthropist Ernest Welch was also an avid amateur photographer who travelled the world. Having served as an intelligence officer during World War II and after retiring from Sonoco Products, went back to school at Georgia State University to study photography. The Ernest G. Welch collection consists of photographic prints, slides, snapshots, negatives, personal correspondence and a scrapbook, mementos, videotapes, and notebooks.
Abstract: Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill was formed from the dissolution of a business partnership between Jacob Elsas and Isaac May in 1889. In 1978, the mill was shut down. The collection includes a May 1964 issue of Fulton Cotton Mills News, negatives, photographs, product catalogue, and correspondence, 1881, 1978, undated.
Dates: 1881, 1964, 1978
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 174 (Washington, D.C.) records
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) Local Lodge 174 (Washington, D.C.), "Columbia Lodge," is one of the oldest Machinists' lodges in North America. IAMAW Local Lodge 174 (Washington, D.C.) records consists of photographs, pins, financial ledgers and documents from the early portion of the lodge's history.
Dates: 1892 - 1959
Abstract: The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Photograph Collection largely consists of black and white 8" x 10" photographs which were used in its publications, the Machinists Monthly Journal and later, the Machinist.
Dates: circa 1890-1980; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1975
Abstract: The records of International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) consist of office files, ledgers, publications, and some separated material. The collection includes dues and minute books from "colored" Local 1463 which joined Local 30 in the 1960s.
Abstract: Juanelle Barbee Edwards, speaker and writer for the Democratic Party, was born in Eastman (Dodge County), Georgia in 1923 and attended Middle Georgia College (Cochran, GA). She married John Wiley Edwards in 1948.
Dates: circa 1977-circa 1980
Abstract: The Order of Railway Conductors and Brakemen, Chattanooga Division 729 records includes correspondence, minutes, financial statements, a poster, a book, badges, and photographs.
Dates: 1912, 1931, 1942-1946, 1955-1960
Abstract: The Southern Labor Archives Photographs Collection is comprised of the photographic components of manuscript collections and collections that contain only photographic materials. When possible, the title of the collection links to the finding aid for the associated collection.
Dates: 1880-1990 (dates are approximate)
Abstract: United Textile Workers of America, Local 257 represented textile workers at various Erwin Cotton Mills plants in North Carolina and Mississippi. The local's records, 1900-1986 (bulk 1940-1960), consist primarily of grievances and arbitration cases. Other records include constitutions and bylaws, correspondence, union membership rosters, office files, photographic materials, financial ledgers, printed materials, and artifacts.
Dates: 1900-1986; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1960
- Subject: black-and-white photographs X
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- Abercrombie, E. L. 1
- Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Edwards, Juanelle Barbee 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills 1
- General Dynamics Corporation. Convair Division 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 174 (Washington D.C.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades 1
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 30 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Miller, Zell, 1932-2018 1
- Order of Railway Conductors and Brakemen 1
- Order of Railway Conductors and Brakemen. Chattanooga Division 729 1
- Taylor, Mamie K., 1900-1982 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 257 (Erwin, N.C.) 1
- Welch, Ernest G. (Ernest Gaines), 1906-2009 1 ∧ less