Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains seven contracts dated 1969-1974.
Abstract: Caroline (Betsy) Rivard is a political activist working on environment issues pertaining to nuclear materials. Her papers, 1990-2006, consist of articles, meeting agendas and notes, and printed materials reflecting Rivard's service as a board member of Women's Action for New Directions (WAND) and Women Legislators' Lobby (WiLL).
Abstract: The District of Columbia Nurses Association was founded in 1903 in order to promote the advancement of the educational standards of nursing and to adopt a code of professional ethics. Later, the organization lobbied for nursing legislation, and acted as a collective bargaining agent for District of Columbia nurses. District of Columbia Nurses Association records, 1903-1977, include correspondence (1908-1974); executive board, committee, and section minutes (1903-1971); reports (1905-1971);...
Abstract: President Franklin Roosevelt established the Fair Employment Practices Committee by Executive Order in 1942. It required all federal agencies to include in their contracts with private employers a provision obligating them not to discriminate against persons of any race, color, creed, or nationality in matters of employment. The collection consists of material obtained from the Federal Bureau of Investigation on a Freedom of Information request by Dr. Merl Reed. The records, 1943-1946, concern...
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 174 (Washington, D.C.) records
Abstract: International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) Local Lodge 174 (Washington, D.C.), "Columbia Lodge," is one of the oldest Machinists' lodges in North America. IAMAW Local Lodge 174 (Washington, D.C.) records consists of photographs, pins, financial ledgers and documents from the early portion of the lodge's history.
Dates: 1892 - 1959
Abstract: The collection consists of ledger books (including minutes, cash books, membership rolls and dues) that document the business activity of the Machinists' Local Lodge 846 for the years 1913-1956.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains seventy-three contracts dated 1898-1987.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains twenty-one contracts dated 1958-1983.
Abstract: The National Planning Association (NPA) was established in 1934 to engage in research in policy formation for the United States private sector. The collection contains a photograph, press release, and correspondence related to the presentation of the NPA's Gold Medal Award to former Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) General President Murray Finley.
Dates: February 1988
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains thirty-three contracts dated 1940-1993.
Abstract On January 21, 2017, millions of people worldwide took part in marches to protest the inauguration of Donald Trump as the President of the United States. The first protest, which took place in Washington, D.C., was known as the Women's March on Washington and was intended as a response to anti-woman rhetoric and beliefs that were espoused during Trump's campaign. While women's and reproductive rights were at the forefront of marchers' concerns, many also protested the racist, anti-immigrant,...
- Subject: Washington (D.C.) X
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- American Federation of Teachers 1
- Carson, Karen, 1973- 1
- District of Columbia Nurses Association 1
- Engraved Steel Plate Finisher's Association 1
- Finley, Murray 1
- Flaherty, Lisa, 1965- 1
- Gerrard, Morna 1
- Graduate Nurses' Association of the District of Columbia 1
- Griffin, Schaune (Interviewer) 1
- Hague, Erica Lynn 1
- Halevy, Emily 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 174 (Washington D.C.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 846 (Washington, D.C.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- Laborers' International Union of North America 1
- Lefkowitz, Leah 1
- McGee, Alex, 1989- 1
- National Planning Association 1
- Oeder, Carol 1
- Rivard, Betsy 1
- Stephens, Karen W. 1
- Strub, Liza 1
- United States. Committee on Fair Employment Practice 1
- Women's Action for Nuclear Disarmament 1 ∧ less