Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Overview Alice C. Young has been involved in various community groups and causes. One of her lifetime commitments has been improving the conditions of women both on and off campus. Correspondence, minutes, agendas, reports, printed materials, photographs and artifacts make up the papers of Alice C. Young.
Scope and Content of the Records The records contain information about the Alumni Office from the late 1950s up to 1993. These records show how Alumni have become involved in the University over the course of the past several decades through fundraising, politics, and other activities.As one of the functions of the Alumni Office is to raise funds to help the University, there are many records relating to fundraising (the Phonothon in particular), mailing campaigns, donation records, and fund distribution. Also...
Scope and Contents of the Records Minutes of the University Administrative Council (formerly University Council, or Academic Group), minutes of the Associate Dean’s Group, and a small reading file documenting Joan Elifson’s tenure as Assistant Vice President for Academic Programs. A wide range of issues are documented, including academic curriculum, programs, funding, and facilities; faculty research, teaching, status, and pay; and student retention, tuition, and financial aid.
Scope and Contents of the Records Correspondence and memoranda documenting Jerry Robbins’s tenure as Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. Topics include academic regulations, academic programs, and continuing education.
Scope and Contents of the Records Proposed budgets for Georgia State College and its predecessors, Fiscal Year 1935 - Fiscal Yeat 1966 (incomplete) comprise the bulk of the records, which also include other financial records including ledgers, correspondence, and other materials.
Scope and Contents of the Records Minutes, correspondence, reports, and other records document the Georgia State University College of Arts and Sciences, 1958-1991. Included is extensive documentation about Arts and Sciences assembled for the University's 1987 Self-Study.
Scope and Contents of the Papers Correspondence, minutes, financial records, and printed material make up John D. Blair's papers, 1924-1972.
Dates: 1924-1926, 1946-1972
Abstract: Kathleen "Kay" Crouch earned an M.B.A. in Counseling Psychology (Washington University, 1959), and a Doctor of Education in Educational Psychology (University of Georgia, 1970). She worked in the Atlanta Public School System, 1959-1967, before her career at Georgia State University. At Georgia State, she served as a member of the Counseling faculty (1969-1973), Vice President of University Operations (1973-1977), Assistant Vice President for Student Services (1977-1978), and Vice President for...
Dates: 1956-1992; Majority of material found within 1982 - 1989
Abstract: During her tenure at GSU (1933-1947, 1953-1971), Nell Trotter taught classes in social ethics, home economics, history, political science, and business communication. She went on to become Assistant Dean of Students, Dean of Women, and Assistant Professor of Business Education. The materials in the Nell H. Trotter papers reflect some of Trotter's personal and professional life between 1934 and 1971, as well as changing attitudes to and of women in higher education throughout the twentieth...
Dates: 1880-1987; Majority of material found within 1934 - 1971
Scope and Contents of the Records The Office of Institutional Effectiveness records consist of office and working files as well as a accreditation report. All materials consist of digital files transferred to Special Collections for preservation.
Scope and Content of the Records The office files in this collection document the publicity and media communications activities of the Office of Public Relations/Department of Public Information during the period from the 1960s through the early 1990s. The office files consist largely of correspondence and news articles about Georgia State that were released by the department and/or published by newspapers in Georgia and elsewhere. The scrapbooks include newspaper and magazine articles about the institution, as well as some...
Dates: circa 1930-1992
Scope and Content of the Records Financial information, minutes, correspondence, reports, and logs generated during Eli Zubay's William Suttles's terms as Vice President of Academic Affairs, 1967-1982.
Scope and Contents of the Records Records of the Vice President for Administrative Services include Georgia State University Camplus Master Plan Studies, 1976 Self-Study, and committee files, 1957-1990.
Dates: 1957, 1965, 1967-1986, 1990
Scope and Content of the Records The bulk of the records of the Vice President for Financial Affairs at Georgia State University consist of subject, budget, and faculty files, 1940-1973, from the office of V. V. Lavroff. Other material includes records of the search for the Vice President for University Advancement, 1989-1991.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Administration X
- Georgia State University Archives 11
- Special Collections 3
- Georgia State University 6
- Langdale, Noah (Noah Noel), 1920-2008 2
- Suttles, William M., 1920-2003 2
- American Association for Counseling and Development 1
- American Association of University Women. Atlanta Branch 1
- American College Personnel Association 1
- Blair, John D., 1897-1983 1
- Crouch, Kathleen Duncan, 1915-1998 1
- DeKalb Community College 1
- Georgia Association for Counseling and Development 1
- Georgia Association of Deans 1
- Georgia College Personnel Association 1
- Georgia State University. Alumni Office 1
- Georgia State University. Business Office 1
- Georgia State University. College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Georgia State University. Department of Public Information 1
- Georgia State University. Financial Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of Institutional Effectiveness 1
- Georgia State University. Office of Public Relations 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Dean of Students 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Assistant Vice President for Academic Programs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Services 1
- Georgia State University. Student Center 1
- Georgia State University. Vice President for Administrative Services 1
- Georgia. Governor's Commission on the Status of Women. Educational Committee 1
- Manners, George 1
- Palms, John M. 1
- Southern Association for College Student Affairs 1
- Trotter, Nell H., 1904-1996 1
- Unitarian-Universalist Congregation of Atlanta 1
- Young, Alice C., 1923- 1
- Zubay, Eli A. 1 ∧ less