Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 42
Dates: 1934; 1951-1976
Overview Alice C. Young has been involved in various community groups and causes. One of her lifetime commitments has been improving the conditions of women both on and off campus. Correspondence, minutes, agendas, reports, printed materials, photographs and artifacts make up the papers of Alice C. Young.
Scope and Content of the Records The records contain information about the Alumni Office from the late 1950s up to 1993. These records show how Alumni have become involved in the University over the course of the past several decades through fundraising, politics, and other activities.As one of the functions of the Alumni Office is to raise funds to help the University, there are many records relating to fundraising (the Phonothon in particular), mailing campaigns, donation records, and fund distribution. Also...
Scope and Contents of the Collection Legal judgements from 1975 make up the collection.
Abstract: Established in 1881, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has been one of the nation's leading voices in promoting education and equity for all women and girls, lifelong education, and positive societal change. The collection consists of office files, conference and meeting information, state branch office files, and outreach information related to the Southeast Region of the American Association of University Women.
Scope and Contents of the Records Minutes of the University Administrative Council (formerly University Council, or Academic Group), minutes of the Associate Dean’s Group, and a small reading file documenting Joan Elifson’s tenure as Assistant Vice President for Academic Programs. A wide range of issues are documented, including academic curriculum, programs, funding, and facilities; faculty research, teaching, status, and pay; and student retention, tuition, and financial aid.
Scope and Contents of the Records Correspondence and memoranda documenting Jerry Robbins’s tenure as Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. Topics include academic regulations, academic programs, and continuing education.
Abstract: Beth Farokhi worked as an administrator in the College of Education at Georgia State University (GSU). She was a member of and held multiple elected positions within the American Association of University Women (AAUW). Farokhi was one of the co-principal investigators for Integrating Gender Equity and Reform (InGEAR) in higher education, a grant-funded initiative. Her papers, 1937, 1976-2007, document her GSU career, AAUW service, and the development and funding of InGEAR.
Dates: 1937, 1976-2007
Scope and Contents of the Records Proposed budgets for Georgia State College and its predecessors, Fiscal Year 1935 - Fiscal Yeat 1966 (incomplete) comprise the bulk of the records, which also include other financial records including ledgers, correspondence, and other materials.
Scope and Contents note Ledgers and other financial records, correspondence, and notes from the Evening School of Commerce and its successors, 1924-1960.
Scope and Contents of the Records Minutes, correspondence, reports, and other records document the Georgia State University College of Arts and Sciences, 1958-1991. Included is extensive documentation about Arts and Sciences assembled for the University's 1987 Self-Study.
Identifier: G1998-11A, G2001-14
Abstract: Gayle Austin was coordinator and literacy manager for the Women's Project in New York City before becoming a professor of Communication at Georgia State University. Her scholarly interests included gender and performance, dramaturgy, and interdisciplinary forms of performance. She also authored feminist theory plays. Gayle Austin's papers comprise research and course materials as well as records related to theatrical productions and performances. The materials reflect Austin's career both...
Abstract: Established in 1990, Georgia Labor Management Conference has the mission to enhance productivity and quality at the workplace through cooperation and mutual respect between labor and management. The collection documents the governance of the organization and planning of its annual conferences, 1990s-2000s.
Dates: circa 1990-2000s
Scope and Contents of the Records Proclamations, resolutions, and other documents recognizing the Atlanta Center for Civic Engagement and Service-Learning at the GPC Clarkston Campus, 2010-2013.
Scope and Contents of the Records Primarily audio-visual recordings created by public relations and marketing personnel at the Clarkston campus of Georgia Perimeter College comprise these records, 1965-2015. Content was created at many locations and includes events and ceremonies; presentations, speakers and classes; informational workplace, program, and policy features. The Writers Institute and the Decatur Book Festival are well-documented. Still photos in digital form show campus events, groups, sports, and facilities....
Scope and Contents of the Records The Georgia Perimeter College collection, also called the Georgia Perimeter Archives, was collected and previously housed at the Clarkston Campus to document the history of the college. It includes reports, yearbooks, student newspapers, literary magazines, photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia documenting ceremonies, events, governance, academics, and student life. The collection dates from the college’s beginnings until its merger with Georgia State University.
Dates: 1964 - 2017
Scope and Contents of the Records These marketing and public relations records include fact books; posters and videotapes of the annual Martin Luther King Birthday Celebration; and videotapes of other noteworthy events.
Scope and Contents of the Records Records of the Georgia Perimeter College (Decatur) Public Relations and Marketing Office include publications (annual reports, fact books, staff newsletters, Chronicle, Collegian), photos (contact sheets of events), media (videotapes, CDs, DVDs of events), framed Resolutions.
Abstract: Founded in 1994, the Institute for Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) was realized after 20 years of dedicated struggle by a group of faculty committed to the project of establishing WGSS at Georgia State University. The founding director, Diane L. Fowlkes led the development of the Master of Arts program in 1995. The Institute's second director, Linda A. Bell, led the establishment of the Bachelor of Arts in 2003, enabling WGSS to offer an undergraduate major and minor. Today, the...
Dates: 1984-2011; Majority of material found within 1992 - 2005
- Subject: Universities and colleges X
- Georgia State University Archives 28
- Special Collections 14
- Georgia State University 12
- Georgia Perimeter College 5
- Georgia State University. Women's Studies Institute 4
- American Association of University Professors. Georgia State University Chapter 2
- American Association of University Women 2
- American Association of University Women. Atlanta Branch 2
- DeKalb Community College 2
- Farokhi, Elizabeth 2
- Fennell, Valerie 2
- Georgia School of Technology. Evening School of Commerce 2
- Georgia State College (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Georgia State University. Business Office 2
- Georgia State University. College of Business Administration 2
- Langdale, Noah (Noah Noel), 1920-2008 2
- Suttles, William M., 1920-2003 2
- University of Georgia. Atlanta Division 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- American Association for Counseling and Development 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American College Personnel Association 1
- American Council on Education. Office of Women in Higher Education 1
- American Philosophical Association 1
- Austin, Gayle 1
- Bell, Linda A. 1
- Blair, John D., 1897-1983 1
- Clance, Pauline Rose 1
- Cook, Tonya D. (Tonya Denise), 1968- 1
- Crouch, Kathleen Duncan, 1915-1998 1
- DeKalb College 1
- Feldman, A. L. (Abram Lewis) 1
- Fink, Gary M. 1
- Finn, Mary A. 1
- Forbes, Richard M. 1
- Georgia Association for Counseling and Development 1
- Georgia Association of Deans 1
- Georgia College Personnel Association 1
- Georgia Labor Management Conference, Inc. 1
- Georgia State University. African-American Studies Department 1
- Georgia State University. Alumni Office 1
- Georgia State University. College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Georgia State University. Department of History 1
- Georgia State University. Department of Public Information 1
- Georgia State University. Division of Student Affairs. Spotlight Programs Board 1
- Georgia State University. Financial Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Institute for Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 1
- Georgia State University. Labor Studies Program 1
- Georgia State University. Office of Institutional Effectiveness 1
- Georgia State University. Office of Public Relations 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Advancement of Women 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Dean of Students 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Assistant Vice President for Academic Programs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs 1
- Georgia State University. Office of the Vice President for Academic Services 1
- Georgia State University. Power of Women 1
- Georgia State University. School of Business Administration 1
- Georgia State University. Student Center 1
- Georgia State University. Vice President for Administrative Services 1
- Georgia State University. Women's Club 1
- Georgia. Governor's Commission on the Status of Women. Educational Committee 1
- Giles, Dethra U. 1
- LaPorte, Philip A. 1
- Manners, George 1
- National Clothesline Project 1
- National Institute of Labor Education (U.S.) 1
- National Women's Studies Association 1
- Palms, John M. 1
- Patton, Carl V. 1
- Riggs, Pickett H. 1
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy 1
- Southern Association for College Student Affairs 1
- Talburt, Susan 1
- Trotter, Nell H., 1904-1996 1
- Unitarian-Universalist Congregation of Atlanta 1
- United States. Occupational Safety and Health Administration 1
- University Labor Education Association 1
- University System of Georgia. Board of Regents 1
- University System of Georgia. Center in Atlanta 1
- University and College Labor Education Association 1
- Young, Alice C., 1923- 1
- Zubay, Eli A. 1 ∧ less