Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Abstract: The AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education (COPE) Area 3 covers the region comprising Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Its records, 1970-1979, consist primarily of correspondence and printed material generated by the state labor federations in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, and South Carolina and West Virginia.
Abstract: AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education (COPE) Area 3 comprised Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, and West Virginia. COPE’s main purpose was to solicit and encourage voting and voter registration, especially among women, minority, senior citizen and youth voters. The records of AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education, Area 3, 1964-1984, contain correspondence, field reports, news clippings, surveys, reports, memoranda, political fund-raising materials,...
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO Region 5 (Atlanta, Ga.) and its predecessor, AFL-CIO Region 6 from 1947-1981. Includes correspondence, newsletters, memoranda, proceedings, reports, and printed materials. Materials document the activities of state and local union organizations, labor councils, the AFL, the CIO, and AFL-CIO departments pertaining to political issues, candidates for office, political campaigns, lobbying, the Don Luna case and trial, the J.P. Stevens organization...
Abstract: In 1955 when the American Federation of Labor (AFL) and the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) merged, it created AFL-CIO Region 8 encompassing Tennessee and Kentucky with Paul Christopher as Director. North and South Carolina became part of Region 5 directed by Carey Haigler. The 1964 reorganization of the AFL-CIO placed Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina in Region 8 with Christopher as Director and Haigler as Assistant Director. After Christopher's death in 1974, Region 8...
Dates: 1940-1974; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1974
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America (CIO) was formed in 1947; the former Southern Federation of Telephone Workers (independent) became CWA Division 49. In 1950, through a reorganization of the structure of CWA, the nine southern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee became District 3 of the CWA. The records consist primarily of more than 5500 non-precedent grievances filed by the union against its principal...
Abstract: E. Leon Stamey was Field Representative for the Organizing Department of the AFL-CIO, of Atlanta, Georgia. His papers, 1971-1975, include AFL-CIO organizing campaign files, subject files on other organizing campaigns, general files, correspondence, and printed material. The papers include some personal materials.
Abstract: Harry Moore was an organizer and the Director of Legislation for the Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. His papers contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, circulars, flyers, leaflets, contracts, pamphlets, and company advertisements, 1962-1970.
Abstract: The collection consists of 121 agreements, 1937-2000, between various local unions of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and numerous utilities, municipalities, manufacturers, and other entities.
Abstract: The collection of Ray Stepp, 1965-1976, contain correspondence which reveals the intended and later merging of North and South Carolina Pipe Trades Association with the Tennessee Pipe Trades Association.
Abstract: This collection documents the management and activities of the South Carolina AFL-CIO, the state federation of labor organizations. Included are various documents representing the branch's activities during the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s.
Abstract The records, 1950-1972, of the South Carolina Labor Council, AFL-CIO, consist mainly of correspondence.
Abstract: The South Carolina Nurses Association, founded in 1907, is a professional organization devoted to promoting high standards for nurses, to encouraging their advancement and welfare, and to improving health care generally. Its records include minutes and proceedings, correspondence, reports, constitutions and by-laws, printed material, notes and writings, financial records, legal documents, scrapbooks, photographs, motion pictures, sound recordings, works of art on paper, and artifacts, which...
Dates: 1897, 1907-1992
Abstract: The Southeastern Building Trade Conference is an umbrella organization uniting building trade unions from the southeastern states: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. The Southeastern Building Trade Conference records include financial records, correspondence, minutes, and resolutions.
Dates: 1967-1987; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1982
Abstract: The United Steelworkers of America, District 35 records date 1940-1973, when the district included Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. The records consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, legal documents, and printed material.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of District 35 of the United Steelworkers of America from 1940-1987. Contains mainly correspondence (1943-1987) between district directors William Crawford, Lorne Nelles, and M.C. Weston and various USA officers and departments, including USA President David McDonald, field representatives, and local unions mainly discussing organizing activities, contract negotiation, and strike activities. The company files (1943-1987) concern negotiations and administration...
Abstract: The Records, 1945-1975, of United Textile Workers Union, Southern Region, Area B, consist of correspondence, minutes, legal and financial documents, and printed materials.
Abstract: The Records, 1972-1973, of the United Textile Workers of America, Southern Region Area B, consist of correspondence and various printed material created by Roy Whitmire as regional codirector. Correspondents include Everrett (also Southern Codirector) and the International officers and representatives of the TWUA. Topics discussed include NLRB elections, UTWA and TWUA organizing efforts, labor education.
- Subject: South Carolina X
- AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education. Area 3 2
- AFL-CIO. Executive Council 2
- AFL-CIO. Region 6 2
- Dowler, Clement 2
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 2
- National Council of Senior Citizens 2
- United Steelworkers of America. District 35 2
- United Textile Workers of America. Southern Region. Area B 2
- Whitmire, Roy 2
- AFL-CIO. Building and Construction Trades Department 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education. Women's Activities Dept. 1
- AFL-CIO. Region 5 1
- AFL-CIO. Region 8 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- AFL-CIO. South Carolina Labor Council 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Atlantic Steel Company 1
- Baldanzi, George 1
- Barkan, Alexander E. 1
- Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners (U.S.) 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America 1
- Caudelle, George B. 1
- Chamberlin, Ruth 1
- Charleston Public Health Nurses Association 1
- Christopher, Paul R. 1
- Communications Workers of America. District 3 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) 1
- Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. Local 15 (Anderson S.C.) 1
- Haigler, Carey 1
- Hotel & Restaurant Employees and Bartenders International Union 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Jones and Laughlin Steel Corporation 1
- Kirkland, Lane 1
- Laborers' International Union of North America 1
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning International Union 1
- Lawson United Feldspar and Mineral Company (Spruce Pine, N.C.) 1
- Link-Belt Company 1
- Mathias, Charles, 1913- 1
- McDonald, David J. (David John), 1902-1979 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Mellichamp, Julia 1
- Moore, Harry L., 1926- 1
- National Student Nurses' Association (U.S.) 1
- Newberry Mills (Newberry, S.C.) 1
- North and South Caroline Pipe Trades Association 1
- Office and Professional Employees International Union 1
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation 1
- P. Garvin (Firm : Spartanburg, S.C.) 1
- Sala, James 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- South Carolina Nurses' Association 1
- South Carolina State AFL-CIO 1
- Southeastern Building Trade Conference 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Southern Cross Industries 1
- Southern States Apprenticeship Conference 1
- Stamey, E. Leon 1
- Statewide Master Planning Committee on Nursing Education (S.C.) 1
- Stepp, Raymond 1
- Student Nurses Association of South Carolina 1
- Tennessee Pipe Trades Association 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 1
- United Piece Dye Works (Bluefield, W.Va.) 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1 ∧ less