Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains 24 contracts dated 1941-1969.
Abstract: Carmen Lucia was active as union organizer, primarily for the Hat, Cap, and Millinery Workers. Her papers, 1929-1976, consist almost exclusively of newspaper clippings describing her career.
Abstract: Ruey Culbertson ("Curley") Collins (1915-1986) played the fiddle, guitar, and banjo in country and western bands of the 1930s-1980s, in his native Kentucky, Atlanta, Georgia, and Richmond, Virginia. The collection documents his career with ephemera including clippings, programs, and advertisements; photographs; periodical articles and book excerpts; correspondence; legal documents; and writings. The material dates 1928-1956, 1964-1969, 1975-2002, and is in photocopied form.
Dates: 1928-1956, 1964-1969, 1975-2002
Abstract: International Association of Machinists Lodge 10 (Richmond, VA) Records, 1888-1957, consist primarily of financial documents, 1888-1956, and minute books, 1891-1957.
Scope and Content of the Collection This collection contains one hundred thirty six contracts dated 1911-1974.
Abstract: The Richmond Typographical Union Local 90 was chartered in 1866 by the National Typographical Union and in 1872 by the International Typographical Union. The local was affiliated with the AFL until 1937 and then re-affiliated in 1943, and also with the Virginia-Carolinas Typographical Conference, the Virginia Allied Printing Trades Council and the Central Trades and Labor Council. In 1971, the union broke up. The Records, 1886-1974, of the Richmond Typographical Union Local 90 consist of...
Scope and Content of the Collection The John and Seymour Rennolds Collection covers the time period from 1933 to about 1992. The manuscript portion of the collection includes materials that the Rennolds gathered on twentieth-century lyricist and composer Johnny Mercer (1909-1976). Included in the collection are a brief history of the collection itself, general files, correspondence, clippings and programs, music and lyrics, song magazines, one photograph, and three videotapes.A significant part of the manuscript...
Dates: 1933-circa 1992; Majority of material found within 1970 - 1985
Abstract: The Newport News Central Labor Council records contain correspondence, minutes and financial documents concerning affiliation of local unions, delegates, charities, voter registration drives, organizing campaigns, and race issues.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains seven contracts dated 1948-1968.
Abstract: The collection consists of 11 agreements, 1958-1972, between various local unions of the United Papermakers and Paperworkers and manufacturers.
- Subject: Richmond (Va.) X
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 1018 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Collins, Curley 1
- Daniel, Wayne W. 1
- Eckler, Pop 1
- International Association of Machinists. Lodge 10 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 90 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Kissinger, Benny 1
- Lucia, Carmen, 1902-1985 1
- Mercer, Johnny, 1909-1976 1
- National Association of Machinists (U.S.). Lodge 10 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- National Typographical Union (U.S.). Local 90 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Newport News Central Labor Council (Newport News, Va.) 1
- Raksin, David 1
- Rennolds, John, 1926- 1
- Rennolds, Seymour 1
- Richmond Typothetae (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Tobacco Workers International Union 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 540 (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery Workers International Union 1
- United Papermakers and Paperworkers 1
- Virginia-Carolinas Typographical Conference 1
- WRVA (Radio Station : Richmond, Va.) 1
- WSB (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Whiteman, Paul, 1890-1967 1
- Woodberry Forest School 1 ∧ less