Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract: The Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, Simpson Division 210, located in Macon, Georgia, received its charter in 1883. The local's records, 1884-1918, 1949, consist primarily of correspondence, financial documents, minutes and committee reports.
Dates: 1884-1918; 1949
Overview Cynthia Welch Hlass, real estate broker and former Atlanta NOW president was born in Kansas City, Missouri in 1944. The Cynthia W. Hlass Papers, 1970-1976, are arranged under the following topics: Atlanta NOW, Georgia NOW, National NOW, NOW State Legislative Coordinator, Equal Rights Amendment, and Miscellaneous and consist of manuscript and printed materials documenting Hlass's participation in NOW, as well as efforts to ratify the ERA in Georgia.
Abstract: International Association of Machinists, Lodge 8 (Macon, Georgia) Records, 1901-1978, consist of bound ledgers recording expenses, receipt of union dues, and other income. Also included are financial ledgers from two other Macon IAM lodges (locals 842 and 918) that merged into Lodge 8.
Abstract: The J. B. Pate collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence and other printed materials about the work of J. B. Pate, former president of the Georgia Federation of Labor.
Abstract: Jackson Williams "Jack" Tarver was born March 2, 1917, in Savannah, Georgia, the only son of banker and hotelier Otis M. Tarver and deLuth Williams Tarver. In 1938, he graduated from Mercer University in Macon with a degree in journalism and began his professional career at The Vidalia Advance The Jack Tarver Research Collection includes logs, indices, one transcript and sound copies of WSB, WABE and WAOK radio programs from the 1950s and the 1960s.
Abstract: Nancy Hall served as Interim Executive Director of Georgia Public Broadcasting from July 2004-2008. Prior to being appointed to the Interim position by the GPB Board of Directors, she was the Director of External Affairs and served as the liaison to the Georgia General Assembly and Georgia's Congressional delegation for GPB. She also serves as President of the Foundation for Public Broadcasting in Georgia. Active in several women's organizations, as well as education and children's...
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council (NGBCTC) represents the legal interests of building and trades unions throughout North Georgia, as well as promoting the livelihood of local building trades and settling jurisdictional disputes between unions. These records (circa 1950s-2000s) consist of periodicals, political materials, correspondence, collective bargaining materials, contracts, minutes, charity and event organization materials, directories, project materials, videos,...
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains one-hundred thirty-two collections dated 1919-1988.
Abstract The records, 1937-1983, of Carpenters Local 144 (Macon, Ga.) consists of correspondence, financial records, printed material, photographs, and audio cassette tapes.
Abstract: United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 144 (Macon, GA) Records, 1887-1970, consist of minutes, correspondence, financial documents and printed material. The collection, which includes the original minutes of the founding of the local in 1887, bulks in the 1940s and 1950s.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains eighteen contracts dated 1959-1972.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains twenty-seven contracts dated 1950-1978.
- Subject: Macon (Ga.) X
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 144 (Macon, Ga.) 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990 1
- Advocates for battered women (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- Atlanta constitution 1
- Atlanta journal-constitution 1
- Barkley, Alben William 1
- Brinkley, David 1
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers (U.S.). Simpson Division 210 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- Carpenter, M. Scott (Malcolm Scott) 1
- Council on Battered Women (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 1
- Grady, Henry Woodfin 1
- Griffin, Marvin 1
- Hall, Nancy Gene 1
- Hallinan, Paul J. 1
- Hartsfield, William Berry 1
- Hlass, Cynthia W. (Cynthia Welch), 1944-2003 1
- Huntley, Chet 1
- Hutcheson, Maurice A. 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Lodge 8 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Lodge 842 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Lodge 918 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 613 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lyons, Louis Martin 1
- Macon Federation of Labor 1
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 1
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah), 1894-1984 1
- McGill, Ralph 1
- Morris, Aubrey R. 1
- Murrow, Edward R. 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Order of Railroad Telegraphers (U.S.) 1
- Pate, J. B. 1
- Powers, David F. (David Francis), 1912- 1
- Rothschild, Jacob M., 1911-1973 1
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967 1
- Shields, Paul (Interviewer) 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing), 1900-1965 1
- Tarver, Jackson W. (Jackson Williams), 1917-1999 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 1
- United Cement, Lime and Gypsum Workers International Union 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1
- United States. Labor Management Relations Act, 1947 1 ∧ less