Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Abstract: Atlanta Bar Association, Labor Law Section records, 1961-1980, include minutes, financial statements, reports, membership figures, bylaws, resolutions, and correspondence. The correspondence mainly pertains to meeting arrangements and fiscal matters. Also contains information on the Section's study of the police pay program of the City of Atlanta.
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
Dates: 1965-1990; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1980
Abstract: Chattanooga Area Labor Council Records includes correspondence, minutes, financial documents, legal papers, and printed materials, relating to the council, the merger of Chattanooga Industrial Union Council into it, politics, union elections, abolition of the poll tax, desegregation of public schools, Taft-Hartley Act, Tennessee laws concerning open and closed shops, Chattanooga Voters' Union, revision of the Tennessee State Constitution, and political education. Correspondents include Ross...
Dates: 1925-1972; Majority of material found within 1941 - 1972
Abstract: The papers consist of a report titled "Florida Citrus Workers" by Aubrey Clyde Robinson, Glenore Fisk Horne, and David Ziskind.
Abstract: The Ecumenical Coalition of Working People was incorporated on March 15, 1979 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Coalition was organized to improve the living and working conditions of workers and their families, and sought to alleviate the historical bias against trade unions in the South by conducting labor education programs and lobbying the Georgia General Assembly.
Abstract: The Records, 1956-1971, of the Georgia State Council of Machinists consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material, the bulk being correspondence and minutes.
Abstract The Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastic and Allied Workers Union (GMP) formed with the merger of the International Molders and Allied Workers Union (IMAWU) and the the Glass, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union in 1988. IMAWU had originated in 1859 as the Iron Molders' Union of North America, which was established in 1859. A series of mergers led the union to change its name to the. In 1988, the Molders and Allied Workers merged with (GPPA) to create the Glass,...
Dates: circa 1979-circa 1988; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1988
Abstract: The International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America (IPPAU-NA), was organized in 1889, when disgruntled pressmen and press feeders left the International Typographical Union (ITU) and, with the combined membership of thirteen locals, formed a new pressmen's union. At its peak, with a membership of more than 125,000, the IPPAU-NA became the largest printing trades union in the world. In 1973, it merged with the International Stereotypers', Electrotypers', and Platemakers'...
Abstract: The records, 1897-1972, of the International Typographical Union, Local 104 (Birmingham, Ala.), comprise correspondence, grievances, minutes, financial documents, membership data, testimony, and printed materials such as newspaper clippings, handbills, newsletters, constitutions, contracts, pamphlets, and proceedings. Most of the correspondence is between Local 104 and the International Typographical Union on such topics as union administration, union standards on wages and working conditions,...
Abstract The Jacobs, Langford, and Gold Law Firm IUOE 926 Supreme Court case records, 1982-1983, contain materials relating to the firm's case Jones V. International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 926 before the United States Supreme Court.
Abstract Labor and Employment Relations Association, Atlanta chapter records (1983-2006) consits of correspondence and meeting materials. The Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA) is the singular organization in the country where professionals interested in all aspects of labor and employment relations network to share ideas and learn about new developments, issues, and practices in the field.
Abstract The Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) was formed in 1968 to represent the interests of federally employed air traffic controllers and was dissolved in 1981, after a strike against the United States government resulted in all PATCO members being fired from their Federal Aviation Administration jobs. This finding aid (number 18 of 18) describes Series XVIII, Legal Files, 1966-1983 (13 linear feet of records in 31 boxes), which contains correspondence and legal documents...
Abstract The Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) was formed in 1968 to represent the interests of federally employed air traffic controllers and was dissolved in 1981, after a strike against the United States government resulted in all PATCO members being fired from their Federal Aviation Administration jobs. This finding aid (number 16 of 18) describes Series XVI, Legislative Files, 1969-1982 (3.75 linear feet of records in 9 boxes), which documents PATCO's lobbying efforts and...
Abstract: The Records, 1937-1979, of the Tennessee State Labor Council consist of correspondence, literature on pending state legislation affecting labor,
state of the stateaddresses of the Tennessee governors, and legislative bulletins and newsletters.
Abstract: The collection consists of papers of W. J. "Bill" Usery from 1940, 1942, 1952-2004. The International Association of Machinists series (1940, 1952-1969) documents Usery's involvement and participation with labor unions and the arbitration process. The United States Government series (1969-1977) pertains to Usery's government career, while the Bill Usery Associates series contains material relating to Usery's labor-management negotiation firm in Washington, DC. The Client and Mediation Files...
Dates: 1940, 1952-2004
- Subject: Labor laws and legislation X
- Eads, Gary 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- Leyden, John F. 2
- Meyers, Robert E. 2
- Poli, Robert 2
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Torchia, Domenic 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Chattanooga Area Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Tennessee State Labor Council 1
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- American Flint Glass Workers' Union 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Atlanta Bar Association. Labor Law Section 1
- Chattanooga Industrial Union Council 1
- Chattanooga Voters' Union 1
- Democratic Socialists of America 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Ecumenical Coalition of Working People 1
- Georgia State Council of Machinists 1
- Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics & Allied Workers International Union 1
- Googe, George Logan 1
- Green, Herb (Herbert C.) 1
- Industrial Relations Research Association 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 48 (Cleveland, Tenn.) 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 104 (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers. Local 926 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Irwin, Joseph, Reverend 1
- Jacobs and Langford (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Kefauver, Estes 1
- Labor and Employment Relations Association. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Langford, James T. 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Magic Chef, inc. 1
- Major League Baseball Players Association 1
- McKellar, Kenneth Douglas, 1869-1957 1
- McLellan, John S. 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- National Marine Engineers Beneficial Association (U.S.) 1
- Ray, Richard, 1941- 1
- Smith, Stanton E. (Stanton Everett), 1905- 1
- United States. Department of Labor. Office of the Secretary 1
- United States. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service 1
- United States. Labor Management Relations Act, 1947 1
- United States. President (1969-1974 : Nixon) 1
- United States. President (1974-1977 : Ford) 1
- United States. Resettlement Administration 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- Usery, W. J., Jr., 1923-2016 1
- Ziskind, David 1 ∧ less