Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
Dates: 1965-1990; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1980
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939; 1948-1970
Abstract: Frank Borman is well known as the commander of the first lunar orbit mission, Apollo 8, and as the Chief Executive Officer of Eastern Airlines from 1975-1986. The Frank Borman Papers, circa 1968-1989, contain office files and correspondence once held in the Office of the President at Eastern Airline's headquarters in Miami, Florida.
Dates: 1961-1989; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1986
Abstract The Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastic and Allied Workers Union (GMP) formed with the merger of the International Molders and Allied Workers Union (IMAWU) and the the Glass, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union in 1988. IMAWU had originated in 1859 as the Iron Molders' Union of North America, which was established in 1859. A series of mergers led the union to change its name to the. In 1988, the Molders and Allied Workers merged with (GPPA) to create the Glass,...
Dates: circa 1979-circa 1988; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1988
Abstract: The International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America (IPPAU-NA), was organized in 1889, when disgruntled pressmen and press feeders left the International Typographical Union (ITU) and, with the combined membership of thirteen locals, formed a new pressmen's union. At its peak, with a membership of more than 125,000, the IPPAU-NA became the largest printing trades union in the world. In 1973, it merged with the International Stereotypers', Electrotypers', and Platemakers'...
Abstract: J. Thomas Rimer (1910-1988) was an arbitrator and lawyer. The collection consists of arbitration files involving cases assigned by the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services. The cases concerned employee disputes between employers and the union representing the employee.
Abstract The Jacobs, Langford, and Gold Law Firm IUOE 926 Supreme Court case records, 1982-1983, contain materials relating to the firm's case Jones V. International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 926 before the United States Supreme Court.
Abstract: The Robert Claxton collection contains newspaper clippings documenting a United Auto Workers Local 1725 strike at an auto parts plant in Carrolton, Georgia from January 12, 1972 until February 6, 1973.
Scope and Content of the Records The records of the United Paperworkers International Union (UPIU) Local 446 consist of materials that reflect the establishment and day-to-day running of the union (administrative and financial records), as well as illustrating its relationships with the Gilman Paper Company and with other unions (administrative, personnel and company relations records). Some of the records also represent a time, after the enactment in 1964 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, when desegregation was an...
Abstract: United Textile Workers of America, Local 257 represented textile workers at various Erwin Cotton Mills plants in North Carolina and Mississippi. The local's records, 1900-1986 (bulk 1940-1960), consist primarily of grievances and arbitration cases. Other records include constitutions and bylaws, correspondence, union membership rosters, office files, photographic materials, financial ledgers, printed materials, and artifacts.
Dates: 1900-1986; Majority of material found within 1940 - 1960
Abstract: The collection consists of papers of W. J. "Bill" Usery from 1940, 1942, 1952-2004. The International Association of Machinists series (1940, 1952-1969) documents Usery's involvement and participation with labor unions and the arbitration process. The United States Government series (1969-1977) pertains to Usery's government career, while the Bill Usery Associates series contains material relating to Usery's labor-management negotiation firm in Washington, DC. The Client and Mediation Files...
Dates: 1940, 1952-2004
- Subject: Labor disputes X
- Air Line Pilots Association 2
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- United States. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service 2
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- American Flint Glass Workers' Union 1
- Borman, Frank, 1928 March 14- 1
- Claxton, Robert H. 1
- Democratic Socialists of America 1
- Douglas and Lomason Autoparts (Carrollton, Ga.) 1
- Eastern Air Lines 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Gilman Paper Company 1
- Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics & Allied Workers International Union 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 48 (Cleveland, Tenn.) 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers. Local 926 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 1725 (Carrollton, Ga.) 1
- Jacobs and Langford (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Langford, James T. 1
- Magic Chef, inc. 1
- Major League Baseball Players Association 1
- McLellan, John S. 1
- National Marine Engineers Beneficial Association (U.S.) 1
- Ray, Richard, 1941- 1
- Rimer, J. Thomas, 1918-1988 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- United Paperworkers International Union. Local 446 (St. Marys, Ga.) 1
- United States. Department of Labor. Office of the Secretary 1
- United States. President (1969-1974 : Nixon) 1
- United States. President (1974-1977 : Ford) 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 257 (Erwin, N.C.) 1
- Usery, W. J., Jr., 1923-2016 1 ∧ less