Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content of the Records The Records, 1944-1977, of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 175 (Chattanooga, Tenn.), comprise primarily correspondence, minutes, and financial documents of two IBEW local unions in Chattanooga, 175 and 662, as well as of the Electrical Workers Welfare Association in the area. The bulk of the Records pertains to Local 175, although records of Radio & Television Workers Local 662, which was merged into Local 175 in 1974, constitute a substantial sub-series. Major issues...
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 1965 (Tallahassee, Fla.) of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers from 1949-1967. The records include correspondence (1953-1967) mainly with Vice-President G.X. Baxter, minutes (1953-1966), attendance ledgers (1956-1961), legal documents, financial documents (1956-1963), and minutes and attendance ledgers of the Sub-Local 624 (Tallahassee, Fla.). The records deal mainly with apprenticeship training programs, administration of journeyman...
Abstract: Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.), work in the construction industry. The records of the local are comprised of bylaws, correspondence, contract agreements, and documentation of the apprenticeship program, 1944-1984.
Abstract: Correspondence, legal documents, membership applications, injury reports, list of retired members, and other items. Includes material relating to legal proceedings against Georgia Power Company (1945-1975) and Southwire Company, Carrollton, Ga. (1957-1970); Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; and minutes of North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council. Correspondents include Harry Bexley, business manager, Local 613.
Abstract: The records of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84, 1923-1986 (bulk 1971-1986), consist primarily of the administrative, office, and reference files of J.W. Giles, documenting the day-to-day operations of the union as well as Giles' interactions with the executive and international boards of the IBEW.
Dates: 1923-1986; Majority of material found within 1971 - 1986
Abstract: International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84 (Atlanta, Ga.) records, circa 1910s-2000s, consist of meeting minutes, correspondence, contracts, negotiations, agreements, by-laws, arbitration, grievances, and membership records. Headquartered in the Atlanta area, Local 84 represents employees of Georgia Power in various locations.
Abstract: International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers, Local 191 of Rome, Georgia, originated the significant 1969 strike against GE that led to an eventual federal lawsuit. Its records, 1953-1997, include documentation covering the daily operations, communications, and organization of the union.
Abstract: The J. B. Pate collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence and other printed materials about the work of J. B. Pate, former president of the Georgia Federation of Labor.
Abstract: James William Giles, labor leader, served as an official of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 84 and as Secretary, Georgia State AFL-CIO. The collection consists of papers of J.W. Giles from 1920-1978. Includes correspondence, financial statements, legal documents, minutes, motion pictures, and printed materials. The bulk of the records relate to Giles' work with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84 (1920-1972) and the Georgia State AFL-CIO...
- Subject: Electric industry workers -- Labor unions X
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 4
- Georgia Power Company 3
- Georgia Federation of Labor 2
- Giles, J. W. (James William), 1925- 2
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 613 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 84 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Building Trades Council 1
- Bexley, Harry 1
- Electrical Workers Welfare Association 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Georgia Electrical Workers Association 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 175 (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 1965 (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 662 (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Sub-local 627 (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio, and Machine Workers. Local 191 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Macon Federation of Labor 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Pate, J. B. 1
- Southwire Company 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- United States. Labor Management Relations Act, 1947 1
- United States. Occupational Safety and Health Administration 1
- Waters, Dan H. 1 ∧ less