Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 36
Abstract: The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Joint Board collection contains grievance files, arbitration files, newspaper clippings, publications, meeting minutes, training manuals, contracts, negotiations, union-management meeting transcripts, and correspondence from 1963-1993.
Abstract: The records consist of Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) of the United States from 1954-1988. The records reflect the union's relationship with the Textile Workers Union of America, (TWUA) Local 689, Local 1942 and other locals. Includes correspondence between the various local unions; minutes, records relating to arbitration and grievances; and union and company contract proposals.
Abstract: American Federation of Government Employees, Local 1145 represents employees at the United States Penitentiary in Atlanta. The records, circa 1930s-1970s, primarily consist of printed material and the files of the local's longtime president, Ralph D. Stancil (1905-1978).
Dates: circa 1930s-1970s
American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) records
Abstract: The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) represented the interests of the employees of the city of Atlanta until the local was absorbed by the conglomerated Local 1644.
Abstract: The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees(AFSCME), Local 1644 (Atlanta, Ga.) represents public sector workers in the metropolitan Atlanta area, including hospital, sanitation, and other municipal workers. The records of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Local 1644 (Atlanta, Ga.), 1949-2001, include correspondence, meeting minutes, membership lists, petitions, constitutions, policy and procedures manuals, grievances, newspaper clippings,...
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the American Flint Glass Workers' Union from 1963-1980. Includes contract negotiations and conference notes, correspondence including newsletters and contract summaries. Also contains information on the American Flint Glass Workers' strike of 1977.
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
Dates: 1965-1990; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1980
Abstract: Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 Records, 1911, 1940-1973, consist of correspondence, financial documents, minutes, legal documents, and printed material. Correspondence is with international officers of the Union, notably President Thomas Dunwoody and international representative Larry Smith. Legal records include documentation of the Local's involvement in a strike against Parks Printing Company, 1955.
Dates: 1911; 1940-1973
Abstract: The collection consists of the papers of Charles Mathias from 1951-1973, including correspondence, legal documents, and printed materials pertaining to attempts by United Steel Workers of America (Atlanta, Georgia) Field Representatives Mathias and W.R. Thrasher to sign collective bargaining agreements with Scripto and Keller Industries.
Abstract: The Chattanooga Building Trades Council is a subsidiary of the AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department. The records, 1901-1968, of the Chattanooga Building Trades Council are composed primarily of correspondence, limited financial records, and work agreements.
Abstract: Chet Kisling (born 1943) worked as an air traffic controller at the Atlanta Air Route Traffic Control Center in Hampton, Georgia. A member of the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO), he was fired after the organization's 1981 strike, along with 11,000 other U.S. controllers. The bulk of his papers consist of clippings, documentation of the lawsuit he was party to regarding his dismissal, and correspondence.
Dates: 1978-1996; Majority of material found within 1981 - 1982
Abstract: In 1968, the nurses at DeKalb General Hospital elected to form a local unit of the Georgia State Nurses Association to act as their bargaining agent for collective bargaining purposes. The Hospital administration refused to budge and over 100 nurses resigned in protest. The collection consists of records pertaining to the mass resignation of nurses at DeKalb General Hospital in 1968-1969. These records were collected by Cathleen Conway Johnson while researching her doctoral thesis, ...
Abstract: The District of Columbia Nurses Association was founded in 1903 in order to promote the advancement of the educational standards of nursing and to adopt a code of professional ethics. Later, the organization lobbied for nursing legislation, and acted as a collective bargaining agent for District of Columbia nurses. District of Columbia Nurses Association records, 1903-1977, include correspondence (1908-1974); executive board, committee, and section minutes (1903-1971); reports (1905-1971);...
Abstract: The records, 1954-1971, of the Florida State AFL-CIO contain financial statements and proceedings of the Florida State AFL-CIO, proceedings of conventions of other state labor bodies, pamphlets pertaining to labor subjects, and correspondence, minutes, and reports of the Florida State Constitution Revision Commission.
Abstract: The Georgia Nurses' Association (GNA) was founded in 1907 as a professional organization to unite nurses in Georgia, to advocate for high standards for nurses and nursing education, and to improve patient care. Minutes and proceedings, correspondence, reports, constitutions, bylaws, articles of incorporation, printed material, notes, financial records, scrapbooks, legal documents, photographs, sound recordings, and artifacts make up the records of the Georgia Nurses' Association and document...
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 101 (East Point, Ga.) of the Glass Bottle Blowers Association (GBBA) of the United States and Canada from 1954-1978. The records reflect the union’s relationship with its principal employer, the Owens-Illinois Company’s East Point, Georgia plant. Includes correspondence (1957-1978) between the local and national union and Owens-Illinois; minutes (1964-1977); records relating to arbitration (1956-1977) and grievances (1962-1978); union and company...
Abstract: The records of the Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada (GBBA), Local 101 (East Point, Ga.), 1953-1992, largely reflect the local's relationship with its principal employer, the Owens-Illinois Company plant in East Point. Contains eight series: Administrative, Contracts, Correspondence, Financial documents, Grievances, Legal documents, Minutes, and Subject files.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 126 (Chicago, Ill.) records
Abstract Chartered in 1890, Local Lodge 126 represents machinists in the city of Chicago and forms an important cog of the Machinists District Lodge 8. IAMAW Local Lodge 126 Records contain grievance files, contract negotations, membership records, financial records, jurisdictional disputes, work rules, patronage files, strike materials, anniversary artifacts, photographs, and correspondence.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 2063 (Galesburg, Ill.) records
Abstract: Employees at the Galesburg, Illinois Midwest Manufacturing plant organized as an American Federation of Labor affiliate in 1948. In 1956, the union became Midwest Lodge 2063, International Association of Machinists, and represented the workers at the Galesburg plant until it closed in 2005. The bulk of the records of Local Lodge 2063, 1948-2005, are grievance and arbitration files, as well as contract negotiation files, final contracts, printed materials, constitutions and bylaws,...
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 609 (New Haven, Conn.) records
Abstract International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 609 (New Haven, Conn.) records, 1956-2006, consist of meeting minutes, correspondence, charters, collective bargaining materials, and financial records. Local Lodge 609, from New Haven, Connecticut, was founded in 1956. Local 609 represented machinists who worked at Olin Chemical Corporation and American Repeating Arms Company (Winchester Arms).
- Subject: Collective bargaining X
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 4
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 3
- Glass Container Manufacturers Institute 3
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- American Federation of Government Employees 2
- American Flint Glass Workers' Union 2
- American Nurses Association 2
- Cordery, Joseph C. (Joseph Carl) 2
- Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. Local 101 (East Point, Ga.) 2
- Hochuli, Jim 2
- Mathias, Charles, 1913- 2
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company 2
- Pitts, Joseph C. (Joseph Clifton), 1937- 2
- Wilson, James Harvey 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Building and Construction Trades Department 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Railway Employes' Department 1
- AFSCME 1
- AFSCME. Local 1644 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- AFSCME. Local 4 (Atlanta Ga.) 1
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Joint Board 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- American Federation of Government Employees. Local 1145 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Standard, Inc. 1
- Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company 1
- Backus, Tom (Thomas H.) 1
- Board of Examiners of Nurses for Georgia 1
- Bonanno, Nicholas S. 1
- Brewton Fashions 1
- Cates, Mary 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Chattanooga Building Trades Council 1
- Clitheroe, William E. 1
- Coalition of Black Trade Unionists (U.S.) 1
- DeKalb General Hospital (Decatur, Ga.) 1
- Democratic Socialists of America 1
- District of Columbia Nurses Association 1
- Ditchfield, Alda 1
- Eastern Air Lines 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Electrical Workers Welfare Association 1
- Florida AFL-CIO 1
- Florida State AFL-CIO 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Georgia League of Nursing Education 1
- Georgia Nurses' Association 1
- Georgia State Nurses' Association 1
- Georgia State Organization for Public Health Nursing 1
- Glass Packaging Institute 1
- Graduate Nurses' Association of the District of Columbia 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Handler, Jack G. 1
- Hice, Robert 1
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. District Lodge 4 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 126 (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 2063 (Galesburg, Ill.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 609 (New Haven, Conn.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Southeastern Region. Office of Education 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 175 (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 662 (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Southeast Region 1
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialities and Paper Products Union Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Johnson, Cathleen Conway 1
- Kehrer, E. T. 1
- Keller Industries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Kisling, Chet 1
- Kravit, Stanley 1
- Loray Corporation 1
- Machinists Non-Partisan Political League 1
- Major League Baseball Players Association 1
- Maryland Nurses Association 1
- Maytag Corporation 1
- Morand, Martin J. 1
- National League of Nursing Education (U.S.) 1
- National Marine Engineers Beneficial Association (U.S.) 1
- National Organization for Public Health Nursing (U.S.) 1
- National Student Nurses' Association (U.S.) 1
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. District 1199 1
- Northwest Airlines, inc. 1
- Olin Corporation 1
- Oneita Knitting Mills (Andrews, S.C.) 1
- PATCO Lives (Organization) 1
- Parker, George Meyer, 1917- 1
- Parks Printing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Pattern Makers' League of North America 1
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Ray, Richard, 1941- 1
- Scripto (Firm : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- Stancil, Ralph D. 1
- Standard Allied Trade Council (Louisville, Ky.) 1
- Tampa Apprenticeship Committee (Tampa, Fla.) 1 ∧ less