Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Abstract: AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department, Southeastern Office records, 1974-1984, consists of correspondence and printed materials pertaining to E.T. Kehrer's involvement with community action groups.
Abstract: AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department, Southeastern Region records consist of newsletters, correspondence, training manuals, news articles, newsletters and summaries of events, 1966-1986.
Abstract: The records, 1964-1979, of the Southern Office of the AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department consist primarily of correspondence and related reports, surveys, statements, and newspaper clippings. Much of the correspondence is between Director E.T. (Al) Kehrer and various AFL-CIO departments, notably his superiors Don Slaiman (1965-1974) and William Pollard (1974-1979). There is also substantial correspondence between Kehrer and the AFL-CIO state and city labor councils in the South; apprenticeship and...
Abstract: The Records, 1963-1972, of the Civil Rights Department of the AFL-CIO Southern Region consist primarily of printed material and correspondence of private groups, government commissions, and committees from organized labor, working in the various fields of civil rights activity--equal and open housing, school desegregation, human relations, and fair and equal employment opportunities.
Abstract The records of the AFL-CIO Southern Area Civil Rights Department, spanning 1962 to 1988, include correspondence, minutes, reports, writings, financial records, printed materials, clippings, membership cards, photographs, and artifacts that document the activities of the office's director, E.T. "Al" Kehrer, in facilitating the employment of minorities and women in the region.
Abstract: Founded in Atlanta in 1898, the Journal of Labor documented the labor movement in Georgia. The Journal of Labor Photograph Collection, 1974-1992 (bulk 1980-1992), consists of photographic prints and negatives depicting labor functions, political events, pickets, strikes, conventions, social events, and campaigns. During the period covered by the collection, The Journal was the official newspaper of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, which ceased its publication in early...
Dates: 1974-1992; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1992
Abstract: This Finding Aid lists the 230 Oral Histories from the Georgia Government Documentation Project.
Abstract: The Records, 1964-1966, of the Medical Committee for Human Rights consist of correspondence, constitutions, bylaws, minutes, press releases, and speech texts.
Abstract: The guide to this collection has been created from one of the Southern Labor Archives' legacy finding aids, which has not been updated since the time of processing.
Abstract: Koinonia Community (Americus, Ga.) was established in 1942 as a Christian-based farming community that adhered to principals of racial equality, communal living, environmental conservation, and non-violence. The collection consists of newsletters and memoranda, articles, and a pamphlet, 1952-1959. The printed material documents the community's goals and values and the violence and vandalism directed toward it during the Civil Rights Era.
Abstract: Establishing a reputation for planning and coordinating, Dryden has been: Assistant Director and Director for the Atlanta Council of International Programs (1972-1980); member of the University Exchange Program and member of the Board of Directors of Partners of America, Inc. (1986-1987); and from 1980-1990, Unit Head for Public Services in Georgia State University's Division of Continuing Education. Judith Allen Ingram has held various positions at GSU, including Administrative Coordinator...
Abstract: The Mississippi State Federation of Labor was organized in 1918 and held its annual conventions until 1957, when it became known as the Mississippi AFL-CIO. The collection consists of the records of the Mississippi AFL-CIO and its predecessor, the Mississippi State Federation of Labor from 1947-1986. Records include President Claude Ramsay's correspondence (1959-1986); files relating to affiliated unions (1957-1983); records relating to the Congress of Industrial Organization and the AFL-CIO...
Abstract: The North Carolina State Federation of Labor was organized in 1907 and held annual conventions until 1957. The North Carolina State AFL-CIO was then organized in 1958. The collection consists of administrative files, 1945, 1949-1981, and also includes material regarding the North Carolina gubernatorial campaign of Wilbur Hobby, president of the North Carolina State AFL-CIO.
Abstract: Established in 1946 as the educational arm of the Southern Conference for Human Welfare, the Southern Conference Educational Fund (SCEF) became a separate organization in 1947. Originally based in New Orleans, Louisiana, its office later moved to Louisville, Kentucky, then to Atlanta, Georgia. SCEF was a leading proponent of integration and civil rights in the South, but internal disputes and financial problems led to its demise in the 1980s. The records of the Southern Conference Educational...
Abstract: Kennedy's career as an author began in the 1930s when he worked as both a writer and an editor on the Federal Writers Project guide to Florida. The Papers, 1933-1981, of Stetson Kennedy comprise correspondence; subject files on various organizations, individuals, and ideas; typescripts of articles written by Kennedy; newsclippings; press releases; bulletins and fliers; pamphlets; periodicals; and photographs. Anyone interested in primary source material on the pioneering struggles to introduce...
- Subject: Civil rights movements X
- AFL-CIO. Civil Rights Department 5
- Kehrer, E. T. 5
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 3
- King, Coretta Scott 3
- A. Philip Randolph Institute 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 2
- AFL-CIO. Alabama Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Anniston Labor Council (Anniston Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Industrial Union Department 1
- AFL-CIO. Public Employee Department 1
- AFSCME 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- American Federation of Teachers 1
- Barbee, William M. 1
- Biemiller, Andrew J. (Andrew John), 1906-1982 1
- Bonanno, Nicholas S. 1
- Britt, E. A. 1
- Carolina Skills Advancement Center 1
- Childress, Alice 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, 1890-1980 1
- Davis, Myrtle Reid 1
- DeKalb College 1
- Democratic Party (Miss.) 1
- Dryden, Marymal 1
- Eastern Air Lines 1
- Emory University 1
- Evers, Charles, 1922- 1
- Gartin, Carroll, 1913-1966 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Georgia State University. Division of Continuing Education 1
- Georgia. Department of Labor 1
- Griffin, Charles H. (Charles Hudson), 1926- 1
- Guthrie, Woody 1
- Haywood, Allan S., 1888-1953 1
- Hobby, Wilbur 1
- Holloman, John L. S. 1
- Ingram, Judith Allen 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 324 (Anniston, Ala.) 1
- International Molders and Allied Workers Union. Local 414 (Anniston, Ala.) 1
- Jackson Police Officers Association (Jackson, Miss.) 1
- Jackson, Jesse 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Jenkins, Glenn 1
- Johnson, Paul B., 1916-1985 1
- Jones, Ben 1
- Kennedy, Stetson 1
- Knight, Thomas, 1919- 1
- Koinonia Community 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- Kuhn, Cliff 1
- Lewis, John, 1940-2020 1
- Lovelace, Alice 1
- Loyal Democrats of Mississippi 1
- Lutz, Chris 1
- M & H Valve and Fittings Company 1
- Mabry, Herbert H., 1929-2011 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.) 1
- Miller, Zell, 1932-2018 1
- Mississippi AFL-CIO 1
- Mississippi Advisory Committee for the Statewide Planning for Vocational Education 1
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party 1
- Mississippi State Federation of Labor 1
- Muskie, Edmund S., 1914-1996 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Urban League 1
- North Carolina State AFL-CIO 1
- Norton, Eleanor Holmes 1
- Parks, Rosa, 1913-2005 1
- Pauley, Frances Freeborn, 1905-2003 1
- Pollard, William Edward, 1915- 1
- Powell, Daniel A., 1911- 1
- Ramsay, Claude E., 1916-1986 1
- Ray, Richard, 1941- 1
- Reuther, Walter, 1907-1970 1
- Riffe, John, 1904-1958 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Scott, Christopher 1
- Slaiman, Donald, 1919-2000 1
- Smith, Frank E. (Frank Ellis), 1918-1997 1
- Smith, Stanton E. (Stanton Everett), 1905- 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Southern Conference Educational Fund 1
- Spelman College 1
- State Advisory Committee for the Mississippi Employment Security Commission 1
- True, Martha, 1924-2008 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1
- United States. Committee on Fair Employment Practice 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United States. Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 1
- United States. Office of Economic Opportunity 1
- United States. Southeastern Regional Manpower Advisory Committee 1
- Waller, Bill, 1926-2011 1
- Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981 1
- Williams, John Bell, 1918-1983 1
- Winter, William F. 1 ∧ less