Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Abstract: The Chattanooga Building Trades Council is a subsidiary of the AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department. The records, 1901-1968, of the Chattanooga Building Trades Council are composed primarily of correspondence, limited financial records, and work agreements.
Abstract: The Gordon Miles collection contains wage schedules from the Muscle Shoals Building and Construction Trades Council and correspondence from the Huntsville Labor Council, 1956-1962.
International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers, Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Abstract: Correspondence, financial documents, and other items, relating to collective bargaining agreements, wages, joint trade agreements, chartering new locals in the South, jurisdictional disputes with Local 55 (Mobile, Ala.), Local 67 (Tampa, Fla.), and United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, and International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers. Correspondents include H.M. Hoffman and C.W. Sickles.
Abstract: Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.), work in the construction industry. The records of the local are comprised of bylaws, correspondence, contract agreements, and documentation of the apprenticeship program, 1944-1984.
Abstract: The records of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84, 1923-1986 (bulk 1971-1986), consist primarily of the administrative, office, and reference files of J.W. Giles, documenting the day-to-day operations of the union as well as Giles' interactions with the executive and international boards of the IBEW.
Dates: 1923-1986; Majority of material found within 1971 - 1986
Abstract: Donated by John "Joe" Ward Merritt, President of the District Council of Iron Workers of Tennessee Valley Trades and Labor Council, this collection contains speeches, expense reports, Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) materials and bound copies of the unions' periodical The Ironworker.
Abstract: James William Giles, labor leader, served as an official of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 84 and as Secretary, Georgia State AFL-CIO. The collection consists of papers of J.W. Giles from 1920-1978. Includes correspondence, financial statements, legal documents, minutes, motion pictures, and printed materials. The bulk of the records relate to Giles' work with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 84 (1920-1972) and the Georgia State AFL-CIO...
Abstract: The Newport News Central Labor Council records contain correspondence, minutes and financial documents concerning affiliation of local unions, delegates, charities, voter registration drives, organizing campaigns, and race issues.
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council Collection, 1963-1971, consists of handbills, photographs, a directory, pambphlets and a contract.
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council (NGBCTC) represents the legal interests of building and trades unions throughout North Georgia, as well as promoting the livelihood of local building trades and settling jurisdictional disputes between unions. These records (circa 1950s-2000s) consist of periodicals, political materials, correspondence, collective bargaining materials, contracts, minutes, charity and event organization materials, directories, project materials, videos,...
Abstract North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council handled jurisdicitional disputes between various construction unions. The Records include legal documents, briefs, and decisions, correspondence, and financial records.
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council records consist of correspondence, legal files, financial records, contractor files, and minutes. Most of the materials date from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.
Abstract The records, 1950-1972, of the South Carolina Labor Council, AFL-CIO, consist mainly of correspondence.
Abstract: The Southeastern Building Trade Conference is an umbrella organization uniting building trade unions from the southeastern states: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. The Southeastern Building Trade Conference records include financial records, correspondence, minutes, and resolutions.
Dates: 1967-1987; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1982
Abstract: The records of the Tallahassee Labor Temple, 1955-1971, include records of the Tallahassee Building Trades Council, 1957-1967; the Tallahassee Joint Apprenticeship Committee, 1955-1971; and the Tallahassee Central Labor Union, 1964-1965.
Abstract: Organized in 1937 from a Tennessee Valley Authority employee relations committee. Composed of international representatives of 16 craft unions, the TVTLC represents employees of TVA in Tennessee and Alabama. The records, 1941-1974, consist of correspondence, committee files, grievances and documents pertaining to matters brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEO).
Abstract: Records document the increase in union membership due to the huge shipbuilding industry in Tampa during World War II. Documentation includes minutes; financial ledgers and statements; apprenticeship training files; and printed items.
- Subject: Building trades X
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 4
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 4
- AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Building and Construction Trades Department 2
- Giles, J. W. (James William), 1925- 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority 2
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 2
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Huntsville Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. South Carolina Labor Council 1
- AFSCME. District Council 14 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Building Trades Council 1
- Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners (U.S.) 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 1018 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Caudelle, George B. 1
- Chattanooga Building Trades Council 1
- Florida Mediation and Conciliation Service 1
- Florida. Commission on Aging 1
- Georgia Electrical Workers Association 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Hoffman, H. M. 1
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers 1
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, and Ornamental Iron Workers 1
- International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers. Local 55 (Mobile, Ala.) 1
- International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers. Local 67 (Tampa, Fla.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 508 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 84 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Merritt, John W. (John Ward) 1
- Miles, Gordon 1
- Newport News Central Labor Council (Newport News, Va.) 1
- Nunn, Louis M. 1
- Sickles, C. W. (Carlton W.), 1898-1973 1
- Southeastern Building Trade Conference 1
- Southern States Apprenticeship Conference 1
- Tallahassee Building Trades Council (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- Tallahassee Joint Apprenticeship Committee (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- Tallahassee Labor Temple (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- Tampa Apprenticeship Committee (Tampa, Fla.) 1
- Tampa Building Trades Council (Tampa, Fla.) 1
- Tampa Central Trades and Labor Assembly (Tampa, Fla.) 1
- Tampa Labor Temple Association (Tampa, Fla.) 1
- Tennessee Valley Trades and Labor Council 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 540 (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 696 (Tampa, Florida) 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- United States. National War Labor Board (1942-1945) 1
- United States. Occupational Safety and Health Administration 1
- Waters, Dan H. 1 ∧ less