Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
Overview The A. R. Marshall Arbitration records, 1942-1983, consist of professional files, arbitration case files, publications and contracts between unions and companies.
Abstract: Adair, Goldthwaite, Stanford and Daniel were attorneys for union members. Their records contain the discharge cases and arbitration transcripts that resulted from the strike of the Communications Workers of America against Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company in 1955-1956; legal case files involving the strike of the International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers Local 748 versus the Jefferson City (Tennessee) Cabinet Company (a division of the Magnavox Company),...
Overview Adolph M. Koven (1917-1990) was an arbitration lawyer active in the San Francisco area. He co-authored Just Cause: The Seven Tests and Alcohol-Related Misconduct. The records consist of his arbitration case files, 1964-1987. Many files relate to Koven's arbitration work with the Bay Area Rapid Transit system (BART), United Can Company, Northern California Homebuilders Union, Stanford University and the University of San Francisco.
Dates: 1964-1987, undated
Abstract: Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Local 1836 (Charleston, S. C.) records, 1968-1976, consist of correspondence, minutes, reports and financial files.
Abstract: The records consist of Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU) of the United States from 1954-1988. The records reflect the union's relationship with the Textile Workers Union of America, (TWUA) Local 689, Local 1942 and other locals. Includes correspondence between the various local unions; minutes, records relating to arbitration and grievances; and union and company contract proposals.
Abstract: The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU), which represented textile workers throughout the United States, was formed in 1976 out of the merger of The Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) and the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America (ACWA). The Joint Board served as an administrative support unit for locals in Tennessee and the southeastern United States. The records of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Tennessee Joint Board (Knoxville, Tenn.),...
Abstract: D. Bruce Shine workded as an attorney in Kingsport, Tennessee. He specialized in labor law and served as the General Council for the United Textile Workers of America. The D. Bruce Shine collection, 1928-1982, consists of legal case files and personal files.
Abstract: Donald P. Crane was Professor of Management at Georgia State University in Atlanta, who also served as an arbitrator in labor-management disputes. These files document his work as an arbitrator of labor disputes, 1970-1993. Most of the 550-plus cases occurred in Georgia and Tennessee.
Dates: 1970-1997, 2010-2016
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 101 (East Point, Ga.) of the Glass Bottle Blowers Association (GBBA) of the United States and Canada from 1954-1978. The records reflect the union’s relationship with its principal employer, the Owens-Illinois Company’s East Point, Georgia plant. Includes correspondence (1957-1978) between the local and national union and Owens-Illinois; minutes (1964-1977); records relating to arbitration (1956-1977) and grievances (1962-1978); union and company...
Abstract: The records of the Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada (GBBA), Local 101 (East Point, Ga.), 1953-1992, largely reflect the local's relationship with its principal employer, the Owens-Illinois Company plant in East Point. Contains eight series: Administrative, Contracts, Correspondence, Financial documents, Grievances, Legal documents, Minutes, and Subject files.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) records
Abstract: IAMAW Local Lodge 37 was chartered on July 11, 1899, and dissolved in the late 1980s. Its records relate to the day-to-day activities of a major New Orleans union and its relationship to the International headquarters, and include constitutions, bylaws, minutes, correspondence, agreement reports, financial records, membership cards and artifacts.
Dates: 1906-1987; Majority of material found within 1955 - 1980
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 721 (Durham, N.C.) records
Abstract: The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 721 (Durham, N.C.) records contain mainly legal documents,1942-1990. The legal records cover arbitrations over labor disputes between IAM and Wright's Machinery as well as Sperry Electro Components.
Abstract: The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) has represented the interests of machinists, engineers, and aerospace workers since the late 19th century. Included within this collection from the IAM's central office are letters to the executive board, union decisions, correspondence, video cassettes, photography, and film reels, circa 1930s-1990s.
Dates: circa 1930s-1990s
Abstract: The United Machinists and Mechanical Engineers of America was founded in 1888. In 1889, the name changed to the National Association of Machinists. Two years later, it became known as the International Association of Machinists and in 1965, this was changed to the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Collection documents the growth of a machinists union, founded in Atlanta, into an international union....
Dates: 1891-2002; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1989
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Southeastern Regional Office of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union from 1945-1980. Includes administrative records (1945-1977) containing correspondence to or from Jack Handler, Regional Counsel, Directors E.T. Kehrer, Martin J. Morand and Nick Bonanno; subject files relating to farm workers, the General Electric strike (1960), organizing activities in Spartanburg, South Carolina, and; the 1960 Presidential election; financial records;...
Abstract: J. Thomas Rimer (1910-1988) was an arbitrator and lawyer. The collection consists of arbitration files involving cases assigned by the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services. The cases concerned employee disputes between employers and the union representing the employee.
Abstract: Jacobs and Langford, law firm of partners Joseph Jacobs and James T. Langford, in Atlanta, Georgia. The records consist of case files.
Abstract: Jimi Richards served as the Secretary-Treasurer and Manager of International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 728, Atlanta (Ga.). The Jimi Richards collection, 1988-2003, contains correspondence, organizing materials, agreements, bylaws, local newsletters, election materials, printed materials, videocassette tapes, and case documents of Locals 728, 528, and 928 (Atlanta, Ga.)
Abstract: The Southern Region of National City Lines, Inc., located in Jackson, Mississippi, operates public transportation in Montgomery and Mobile, Alabama; Port Arthur, Beaumont, and Wichita Falls, Texas; Tampa, Florida; Jackson, Mississippi; and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Its records, 1942-1956, which originated in the regional office and the local braches, contain War Labor Board case files, company bulletins, payrolls, maintenance reports, union contracts, arbitration case material, accident and safety...
Abstract: The records of the Retail Clerks International Association, Local 1063, 1947-1974, 1978, consist of a ledger of membership dues, a cash book of receipts and expenses, a book of minutes, testimony presented in an arbitration proceeding pertaining to a grievance against the Kroger Company and printed materials and photographs.
Dates: 1947-1974; 1985; undated
- Subject: Arbitration, Industrial X
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 6
- International Association of Machinists 3
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 3
- Cordery, Joseph C. (Joseph Carl) 2
- Glass Bottle Blowers Association of the United States and Canada. Local 101 (East Point, Ga.) 2
- Glass Container Manufacturers Institute 2
- Hochuli, Jim 2
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 2
- Oil, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union 2
- Owens-Illinois Glass Company 2
- Pitts, Joseph C. (Joseph Clifton), 1937- 2
- Textile Workers Union of America 2
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 2
- United States. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service 2
- Wilson, James Harvey 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- Adair, Goldthwaite, Stanford and Daniel 1
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- Aluminum, Brick and Clay Workers International Union 1
- Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America 1
- Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1716 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Local 1836 (North Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Tennessee Joint Board (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- American Can Company 1
- American Federation of Hosiery Workers 1
- Bonanno, Nicholas S. 1
- Brewton Fashions 1
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers International Union of America. Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees 1
- California Nurses Association 1
- Colgate-Palmolive Company 1
- Communications Workers of America 1
- Crane, Donald P. 1
- Dixie Color Printing Corp. (Sylacauga, Ala.) 1
- Eastern Air Lines 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Foote and Davies Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Handler, Jack G. 1
- Hoffa, James P., 1941- 1
- Hotel & Restaurant Employees and Bartenders International Union 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 37 (New Orleans, La.) 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 721 (Durham, N.C.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Shipbuilders, Blacksmiths, Forgers, and Helpers 1
- International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 1946 (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Pulp, Sulphite, and Paper Mill Workers 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Local 528 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Local 728 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Southeast Region 1
- International Longshoremen's Association 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers 1
- International Union of Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers. Local 748 (Jefferson City, Tenn.) 1
- International Union, Allied Industrial Workers of America 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- Jacobs and Langford (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- 1
- Jefferson City Cabinet Company (Jefferson City, Tenn.) 1
- Kehrer, E. T. 1
- Koven, Adolph M. 1
- Kroger Company 1
- Langford, James T. 1
- Laundry, Dry Cleaning, and Dye House Workers' International Union 1
- Loray Corporation 1
- Major League Baseball Players Association 1
- Marshall, Alpheus Royall 1
- Morand, Martin J. 1
- National City Lines. Southern Region 1
- National Gypsum Company 1
- National Marine Engineers Beneficial Association (U.S.) 1
- Northwest Airlines, inc. 1
- Office and Professional Employees International Union. Local 84 (Durham, N.C.) 1
- Oneita Knitting Mills (Andrews, S.C.) 1
- Overnite Transportation Company 1
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Richards, Jimi (James E.) 1
- Rimer, J. Thomas, 1918-1988 1
- San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit Commission (Calif.) 1
- Service Employees International Union 1
- Shine, D. Bruce 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- Sperry Corporation 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 689 (Rome, Ga.) 1
- United Furniture Workers of America 1
- United Mine Workers of America 1
- United Parcel Service 1
- United Public Employees 1
- United Rubber, Cork, Linoleum and Plastic Workers of America 1
- United States Railroad Labor Board 1
- United States. Department of Labor. Office of the Secretary 1
- United States. National Labor Relations Board 1
- United States. National War Labor Board (1942-1945) 1
- United States. President (1969-1974 : Nixon) 1
- United States. President (1974-1977 : Ford) 1
- United Steelworkers of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1 ∧ less