Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Abstract: AFL-CIO Civil Rights Department, Southeastern Region records consist of newsletters, correspondence, training manuals, news articles, newsletters and summaries of events, 1966-1986.
Abstract: The AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education (COPE) Area 3 covers the region comprising Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Its records, 1970-1979, consist primarily of correspondence and printed material generated by the state labor federations in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, and South Carolina and West Virginia.
Abstract: AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education (COPE) Area 3 comprised Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, and West Virginia. COPE’s main purpose was to solicit and encourage voting and voter registration, especially among women, minority, senior citizen and youth voters. The records of AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education, Area 3, 1964-1984, contain correspondence, field reports, news clippings, surveys, reports, memoranda, political fund-raising materials,...
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO Region 5 (Atlanta, Ga.) and its predecessor, AFL-CIO Region 6 from 1947-1981. Includes correspondence, newsletters, memoranda, proceedings, reports, and printed materials. Materials document the activities of state and local union organizations, labor councils, the AFL, the CIO, and AFL-CIO departments pertaining to political issues, candidates for office, political campaigns, lobbying, the Don Luna case and trial, the J.P. Stevens organization...
Abstract: The collection consists of correspondence, office memoranda and printed material maintained by the regional director’s office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Abstract: The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Joint Board collection contains grievance files, arbitration files, newspaper clippings, publications, meeting minutes, training manuals, contracts, negotiations, union-management meeting transcripts, and correspondence from 1963-1993.
Abstract: The Barney Weeks Collection, 1957-1983, consists of materials relating to his work with the Alabama Labor Council as president and the work of A. G. Trammell, Secretary-Treasurer of the Council.
Abstract: Carey Haigler (1902- ) was a labor union official with the AFL-CIO. His papers, 1905, 1933-1970, include correspondence, minutes, and printed material relating to the Alabama Iron and Steel Council (1905, 1933-1935); correspondence, financial documents, minutes, speeches, reports, and printed material documenting the Alabama CIO (1942-1956); and correspondence, financial documents, diaries, work reports, speeches, broadcast scripts, and printed material relating to Region 8 of the AFL-CIO...
Dates: 1905, 1933-1970
Abstract: The Communications Workers of America (CIO) was formed in 1947; the former Southern Federation of Telephone Workers (independent) became CWA Division 49. In 1950, through a reorganization of the structure of CWA, the nine southern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee became District 3 of the CWA. The records consist primarily of more than 5500 non-precedent grievances filed by the union against its principal...
Abstract: The Gordon Miles collection contains wage schedules from the Muscle Shoals Building and Construction Trades Council and correspondence from the Huntsville Labor Council, 1956-1962.
Abstract: The collection consists of records relating to Harry T. Barber's career as Field Representative of the AFL-CIO Region VI from 1966-1973. Includes correspondence, minutes, legal documents, and printed material. Major correspondents include Directors of AFL-CIO Region VI Charles Gillman, Oliver Singleton, and James Sala; AFL-CIO Director of Organization, William Kircher; President of the Alabama Labor Council, Barney Weeks; and President of the Hillsborough County (Fla.) Central Labor Council,...
Abstract: The collection consists of 121 agreements, 1937-2000, between various local unions of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and numerous utilities, municipalities, manufacturers, and other entities.
Scope and Content of the Collection The collection contains thirty contracts dated 1952-1995.
Abstract: The Southeastern Building Trade Conference is an umbrella organization uniting building trade unions from the southeastern states: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. The Southeastern Building Trade Conference records include financial records, correspondence, minutes, and resolutions.
Dates: 1967-1987; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1982
Abstract: Organized in 1937 from a Tennessee Valley Authority employee relations committee. Composed of international representatives of 16 craft unions, the TVTLC represents employees of TVA in Tennessee and Alabama. The records, 1941-1974, consist of correspondence, committee files, grievances and documents pertaining to matters brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEO).
Abstract: The collection consists of 175 agreements, 1939-1976, between various local unions of the Textile Workers Union of America and manufacturers.
Abstract: The Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Area Joint Board of the Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA-GTA) provides support and leadership to the several TWUA local unions in northwest Georgia, northeast Alabama, and the Chattanooga area of Tennessee. Its records, 1952-1980, consist of correspondence, minutes, contract negotiation papers, grievance cases and printed items of the six TWUA Local unions in the area.
Abstract: The collection consists of 5 agreements, 1958-1964, between various local unions of the United Hatters, Cap and Millinery Workers International Union and manufacturers.
Abstract: The Records, 1943-1969, of the United Packinghouse Workers of America consist largely of photographs, but also include a file of correspondence, newsclippings, pamphlets, and handbills.
United Rubber, Cork, Linoleum, and Plastic Workers of America, Local 12 (East Gadsden, Ala.) records
Abstract: The collection consists of records of Local 12 (East Gadsden, Ala.) of the United Rubber, Cork, Linoleum, and Plastics Workers of America, and its predecessor the United Rubber Workers of America, from 1943-1974. It contains correspondence (1943-1954); minutes of Local 12 (1949-1970), the ladies auxiliary (1952-1961), the Gadsden Industrial Union Council (1946-1962), the URW, District 2, (1944) and the URW District 8 (1944-1964); administrative and committee records (1943-1969); financial...
- Subject: Alabama X
- AFL-CIO. Alabama Labor Council 3
- AFL-CIO. Region 6 3
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education. Area 3 2
- AFL-CIO. Executive Council 2
- Dowler, Clement 2
- General Electric Company 2
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 2
- National Council of Senior Citizens 2
- Sala, James 2
- Singleton, Oliver W., 1908-1989 2
- Weeks, Barney H. 2
- A. Philip Randolph Institute 1
- AFL-CIO. Building and Construction Trades Department 1
- AFL-CIO. Civil Rights Department 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education. Women's Activities Dept. 1
- AFL-CIO. Huntsville Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Region 5 1
- AFL-CIO. Region 8 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Aberle Hosiery Company (Columbia, Tenn.) 1
- Alabama Iron and Steel Council 1
- Alabama State Industrial Union Council 1
- Amalgamated Association of Iron, Steel, and Tin Workers. Local 1131 (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Joint Board 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Barber, Harry T. 1
- Barkan, Alexander E. 1
- Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners (U.S.) 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America 1
- Caudelle, George B. 1
- Committee for Constitutional Government 1
- Communications Workers of America. District 3 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.). Alabama Region 1
- Disney World Service Trade Council 1
- Gadsden Industrial Union Council (Gadsden, Ala.) 1
- Georgia. Department of Labor 1
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company 1
- Haigler, Carey 1
- Hillsborough County Central Labor Council 1
- Holston Manufacturing Company (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- International Union of Operating Engineers 1
- J.P. Stevens & Co. 1
- Kenyon Southern (Rossville, Ga.) 1
- Miles, Gordon 1
- National Urban League 1
- Rainbow Processing Company (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Ridge Textile Company (Athens, Tenn.) 1
- Roxbury Southern Mills (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Southeastern Building Trade Conference 1
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- Tennessee Valley Trades and Labor Council 1
- Textile Workers Union of America 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama Area Joint Board 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 1592 (Calhoun, Ga.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 1672 (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 1829 (Columbia, Tenn.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 2094 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 2202 (Athens, Tenn.) 1
- Textile Workers Union of America. Local 2303 (Rossville, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 1
- United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery Workers International Union 1
- United Packinghouse, Food, and Allied Workers 1
- United Rubber Workers of America. District 2 1
- United Rubber Workers of America. District 8 1
- United Rubber Workers of America. Local 12 (East Gadsden, Ala.) 1
- United Rubber, Cork, Linoleum and Plastic Workers of America. Local 12 (East Gadsden, Ala.) 1
- United States. Committee on Fair Employment Practice 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- Venture Carpets (Calhoun, Ga.) 1 ∧ less