Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: The Records, 1917-1921, 1948-1975 of the Asheville North Carolina Central Labor Union bulk in the late 1950's- early 1970's. The material dated 1917-1921 consists of photocopies of a small amount of correspondence and printed material. The records include correspondence, financial documents and incomplete minutes. The bulk of the collection consists of form letters, circulars, and printed material illustrating the role of the Central Labor Union as a clearing house of AFL-CIO information for...
Dates: 1917-1921; 1948-1975
Abstract: The Asheville Labor Temple was founded in 1924. Its Records, 1920-1931, 1949-1970, are composed of correspondence, financial statements, minutes, and printed items. The records include some minutes and financial documents of the Asheville Central Labor Union.
Dates: 1920-1931; 1949-1970
Abstract: John Elwood Jervis (1909-1984), born in Marshall, North Carolina, was President Asheville Central Labor Union (1950-1976) and member, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 384. The collection, 1888-1974 (bulk 1958-1974), contains minutes (1917-1919, 1961, 1965), legal documents, printed flyers, handbills, photographs, and correspondence relating to the activities of the Asheville Central Labor Union (Asheville, N.C.). Also included in the collection are the original...
Dates: 1888-1974; Majority of material found within 1958 - 1974
Abstract The United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 2598T (Enka, N.C.) represents workers who first organized as rayon workers of American Enka Corporation. The mill has chiefly produced Rayon and Nylon, although currently produces only carpeting. Although organized by the United Textile Workers of America (UTWA) for most of its existence, the local is now a textile peripheral of UFCW. At its height, the local had 1500 members which has since dwindled to approximately 200. This collection...
- Names: Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 X
- Central labor councils 3
- Industrial relations 3
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union locals 1
- North Carolina 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Textile industry 1
- Textile workers 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 3
- American Enka Company 1
- Asheville Labor Temple (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- North Carolina State Federation of Labor 1
- Stepp, Raymond 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. Local 2598T (Enka, N.C.) 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1
- United Textile Workers of America. Local 2598 (Enka, N.C.) 1
- Whitmire, Roy 1 ∧ less