Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract: Founded in Atlanta in 1898, the Journal of Labor documented the labor movement in Georgia. The Journal of Labor Photograph Collection, 1974-1992 (bulk 1980-1992), consists of photographic prints and negatives depicting labor functions, political events, pickets, strikes, conventions, social events, and campaigns. During the period covered by the collection, The Journal was the official newspaper of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, which ceased its publication in early...
Dates: 1974-1992; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1992
Abstract: Jacobs and Langford, law firm of partners Joseph Jacobs and James T. Langford, in Atlanta, Georgia. The records consist of case files.
Abstract The Jacobs, Langford, and Gold Law Firm IUOE 926 Supreme Court case records, 1982-1983, contain materials relating to the firm's case Jones V. International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 926 before the United States Supreme Court.
Abstract: The collection contains materials related to attorney and union organizer Joseph Jacobs's work in the labor and civic community. Specifically, the papers cover his activities in the fields of labor, the Workmen's Circle (Arbeiter Ring), the Georgia Humanities Council and the Georgia Democratic Party.
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews and transcripts, production footage and publicity materials related to the creation of the "Uprising of '34" documentary. Veterans or their descendants were interviewed about mill life, work conditions, southern culture, as well as the strike itself. These interviews were incorporated into the production itself.
- Names: Jacobs, Joseph, 1908- X
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Lawyers 3
- Georgia 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 2
- African Americans 1
- Air Traffic Controllers' Strike, U.S., 1981 1
- Air traffic controllers 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Boycotts 1
- Bricklayers -- Labor unions 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor movement -- Study and teaching 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Southern States 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Textile industry 1
- Textile Workers' Strike, Southern States, 1934 1
- Textile workers 1
- documentaries (motion picture genre) 1
- legal instruments 1
- oral histories (document genres) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less