Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of proceedings, constitutions, contracts, convention materials, periodicals, pamphlets, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1965-1990 (bulk 1967-1980).
Edmund Torbush was a member of the Atlanta Typographical Union (International Typographical Union, Local 48) who worked for Atlanta Newspapers, Inc. His papers include correspondence, minutes, news clippings, printed materials, pamphlets, photographs pertaining to the International Typographical Union, the Atlanta Typographical Union, and its Women's Auxiliary. The papers also contains artifacts used in the typesetting profession.
The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).