Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract: The Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America, Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.) Records, 1957-1975, consist of correspondence, financial reports, minutes, newspaper clippings, National Labor Relations Board case material, and contracts illuminating the activities of Local 525 in its dealings with numerous companies, primarily in North Carolina.
Abstract: The Records, 1917-1921, 1948-1975 of the Asheville North Carolina Central Labor Union bulk in the late 1950's- early 1970's. The material dated 1917-1921 consists of photocopies of a small amount of correspondence and printed material. The records include correspondence, financial documents and incomplete minutes. The bulk of the collection consists of form letters, circulars, and printed material illustrating the role of the Central Labor Union as a clearing house of AFL-CIO information for...
Dates: 1917-1921; 1948-1975
Abstract: The Asheville Labor Temple was founded in 1924. Its Records, 1920-1931, 1949-1970, are composed of correspondence, financial statements, minutes, and printed items. The records include some minutes and financial documents of the Asheville Central Labor Union.
Dates: 1920-1931; 1949-1970
Abstract: The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Dates: 1895-1939, 1948-1970
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Augusta Federation of Trade (AFT) from 1958-1974 and its predecessor, the Augusta Central Labor Union (ACLU), from 1943-1957. Includes minutes of the ACLU (1943-1957) outlining concerns of the organization, efforts to protect a local labor newspaper from advertising encroachment, and support for the Augusta bus drivers strike (1953-1955). Also contains minutes of the AFT (1965-1969), correspondence (1965-1974), financial documents (1963-1974), and...
Abstract: In 1958, the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council merged to form the AFL-CIO, Birmingham (Alabama) Labor Council. Records, 1954-1965, include minutes of the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council, 1955-1958, and of the Birmingham Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 1964-1965, and correspondence, financial documents, printed material, and photographs.
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO, Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) from 1953-1983. The records are comprised mainly of minutes (1957-1983) documenting the Council's activities, correspondence (1970-1971), and printed materials.
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 609 (New Haven, Conn.) records
Abstract International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 609 (New Haven, Conn.) records, 1956-2006, consist of meeting minutes, correspondence, charters, collective bargaining materials, and financial records. Local Lodge 609, from New Haven, Connecticut, was founded in 1956. Local 609 represented machinists who worked at Olin Chemical Corporation and American Repeating Arms Company (Winchester Arms).
Abstract: United Brotherhood of Carpenters, Local 144 (Macon, GA) Records, 1887-1970, consist of minutes, correspondence, financial documents and printed material. The collection, which includes the original minutes of the founding of the local in 1887, bulks in the 1940s and 1950s.
Abstract: The Records, 1934-1959, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) concern the meetings, elections, salary increase requests, and violation charges against members, as well as the proposed affiliation of Local 384 with the North Carolina State AFL-CIO.
Abstract: The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
Dates: 1956, 1963-1984
Abstract: The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO, 1947-1976, consist primarily of minutes, directories, memoranda, contracts, correspondence and lists of both affiliated and non-affiliated local unions in Virginia.
- Central labor councils 8
- Labor union locals 5
- Asheville (N.C.) 3
- Labor unions 3
- Carpenters -- Labor unions 2
- Georgia 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Virginia 2
- financial records 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Bus drivers 1
- Butchers -- Labor unions 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Decatur (Ala.) 1
- Firearms industry and trade 1
- Labor disputes 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor unions and mass media 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Macon (Ga.) 1
- Meat industry and trade 1
- New Haven (Conn.) 1
- North Carolina 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Poultry industry 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Woodworkers -- Labor unions 1
- correspondence 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 3
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 2
- North Carolina State AFL-CIO 2
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Augusta Federation of Trades. (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Birmingham Labor Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America. Local 525 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Asheville Labor Temple (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- Augusta Central Labor Union (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Birmingham Federation of Labor (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Birmingham Industrial Union Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Colonial Stores Incorporated 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company 1
- Hutcheson, Maurice A. 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 609 (New Haven, Conn.) 1
- International Typographical Union 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 48 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Olin Corporation 1
- Stepp, Raymond 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 144 (Macon, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 384 (Asheville, N.C.) 1 ∧ less